..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Video Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I need your help. Blush

I have a new laptop since a few weeks, and i tried to play one of my favourite game's (Ratchet & Clank 2) with PCSX 2.

Computer Info:

8GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 675M
(250 GB - SSD)
(1 TB - HDD)
Intel - Core i5-3230M ( 2.6 GHz)
Windows 7

Maybe i've just the wrong Plugins, so please be so kind and give me an good advice.

Yours, Flo.Smile
Ratchet and clank games need software mode. You can enable it by pressing F9 when the game is running.

But, a laptop CPU is not gonna cut it. It's VERY demanding. The best you can do is set extra rendering threads to 2 or 3 in config->video->plugin settings. And then press F9 while playing. But I imagine it's gonna be slow :/
(06-23-2014, 11:45 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Ratchet and clank games need software mode. You can enable it by pressing F9 when the game is running.

But, a laptop CPU is not gonna cut it. It's VERY demanding. The best you can do is set extra rendering threads to 2 or 3 in config->video->plugin settings. And then press F9 while playing. But I imagine it's gonna be slow :/

Yeah, something like an i7 4700MQ would probably run it around 45-60fps, but those are found in the higher end gaming laptops.
(06-23-2014, 11:45 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Ratchet and clank games need software mode. You can enable it by pressing F9 when the game is running.

According to noob66, it's better than desktop cpus....
(06-24-2014, 12:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]According to noob66, it's better than desktop cpus....

It's not going to beat a 4670k at stock speeds, but in passmark it scores an average of 1844. My personal i5 4440 scores at 1953, but the average for the i5 4440 is 1888. A 44 point difference is a miniscule. I average 45-60fps in R&C GC which is the second most demanding R&C game right behind Deadlocked.
Note this is all moot since the OP does not have the 4700MQ
(06-24-2014, 12:54 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Note this is all moot since the OP does not have the 4700MQ

Yep the op has a much weaker cpu.