..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tekken Tag Tournament Stability?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So with the current version of PCSX2 out, has anyone had success with Tekken Tag Tournament? I know it is nearly impossible to play @ full speed. I have the game and can barely run it. Here are my specs for those who can help me:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB
Well, it's listed as compatible.

For the demanding games, Vishera CPUs like yours(and mine) really need to be at the 4Ghz mark or higher. However without overclocking you can try:

Enable MTVU speedhack.

Set EE cycle rate slider hack to 2.

And give it a try.
(06-26-2014, 04:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's listed as compatible.

For the demanding games, Vishera CPUs like yours(and mine) really need to be at the 4Ghz mark or higher. However without overclocking you can try:

Enable MTVU speedhack.

Set EE cycle rate slider hack to 2.

And give it a try.

I am scared about overclocking, I was told not to do it because of the VRM chips in my motherboard (ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD 970) get too hot. Without OC'ing will 3.50Ghz do me good?
Well, your VRMs don't have heatsinks so they will get hot. I had the same issue with my 6300 on a board without VRM heat sinks. They got very hot and made my CPU throttle a ton, basically negating my OC. So if you are worried, I wouldn't do it.

3.5Ghz Vishera chip will play about 70% of PS2 games at full speed I'd guess. You will just have to try whatever games you wanna play and see.
(06-26-2014, 04:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Well, your VRMs don't have heatsinks so they will get hot. I had the same issue with my 6300 on a board without VRM heat sinks. They got very hot and made my CPU throttle a ton, basically negating my OC. So if you are worried, I wouldn't do it.

3.5Ghz Vishera chip will play about 70% of PS2 games at full speed I'd guess. You will just have to try whatever games you wanna play and see.

Well could you please recommend heatsinks for me to buy?
I dunno about buying heatsinks for em. I looked into it for mine and couldn't. I fried my board trying to measure the VRM temperature with a meat thermometer(metal probe, I'm an idiot). So I bought a new board with heatsinks on them.
(06-26-2014, 04:57 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno about buying heatsinks for em. I looked into it for mine and couldn't. I fried my board trying to measure the VRM temperature with a meat thermometer(metal probe, I'm an idiot). So I bought a new board with heatsinks on them.

I remember that. One slip and your board fried. I also remember you burning yourself when you touched the VRM.
(06-26-2014, 04:57 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno about buying heatsinks for em. I looked into it for mine and couldn't. I fried my board trying to measure the VRM temperature with a meat thermometer(metal probe, I'm an idiot). So I bought a new board with heatsinks on them.

So what do I dooo!! :'(
Well, you can try the settings I posted up there and see what happens. Or you can buy a new board. Or you can OC as is and try to keep them cool.
(06-26-2014, 05:14 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you can try the settings I posted up there and see what happens. Or you can buy a new board. Or you can OC as is and try to keep them cool.

How bout buying the FX-9370 if all else fails? It's 4.4 Ghz stock!
http://amzn.com/B00DGHD2TA
Pages: 1 2 3