..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: directX update problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to update my directx for 2 days already, but every time i try to update using the web installer it keeps getting a message (failed to update, please check your internet connection or retry later) although my internet connection is currently performing fine.

afterwards i tried installing it manually using the redistributable installer (both the june 2010 and the 2009 ones) in the (C:/windows/temp) folder.

but afterwards, i keep getting the message to update my directx through every gpsx drive i tried to use.

Please help me resolve this problem, if there is a thread that already discusses this problem please help paste the link in this thread your help would be extremely appreciated.

Additional info :
My laptop runs on
Intel Core i5 @1.7ghz
IntelHD 4000
Ram 4gig
i've tried installing that one too but it keeps asking me to update my directx. as i have said before i installed it in (C:windows/temp) did i install it in the wrong place? (i have tried restarting my laptop, but i still get the same message)

thanks for the reply btw.
Nothing should be installed to windows\temp, let it install to where it wants to install.
Sorry, wrong info

it was installed on (C:/users/mylaptop/appdata/local/temp)
where it wants to be installed btw

but i still get the same message.

thank you again for the reply btw.
Thread closed

i somehow managed to install it properly and now it works properly
thanks for the support guys!