..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Weird gamepad button mapping issues in Black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to play the game "Black" on PCSX2. This game was working fine for me when I was using LilyPad with keyboard controls. However, I'm now having some issues trying to play it with a gamepad using the SSSPSX Pad Pressure Mod 1.7.1 driver. This is the only driver that works with my gamepad, and it works beautifully in all my other games. I was just playing some Gran Turismo 4 and all of my controls were working just fine. However, when I try to load up Black, the X, Square, Triangle and Circle buttons dont work, amongst possible other buttons. The start button and joysticks work fine. One especially strange thing I noticed is that if I hold the R1 and L1 buttons down and then start mashing the X, Square, Triangle and Circle buttons randomly, it seems to send the X button signal to the game (fires weapon). It's very odd and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this bug. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!
Ok, just an update, I seem to have found a fix for the problem. I switched to the Lilypad driver and set the Game Device APIs to "DirectInput." This allowed the driver to detect signals from my gamepad. I mapped my controls using Lilypad and it's been working well so far. I guess this was just a bug in the SSSPSX Pad Pressure Mod plugin.