..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with pcsx2 settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to play Budoai Tenkaichi 3 once again, after all these years and have the fun again.

But, seems like I can't run it in 60fps with my current settings, I'd love if someone could help me setup them better Smile

[attachment=51831]
my computer information.
(the graphics card is a HD4750 sapphire)

http://imgur.com/a/Zv6ai
my pcsx2 settings
that's an old and kinda weak CPU for pcsx2.
enable all recommened speedhacks, set ee cycle rate to 1, vu cycle stealing to 2.
don't go higher than native resolution in gsdx settings, maybe 2x native...
if you find it hard to get the Budokai Tenkaichi series at playable speeds, you should try the Budokai series and dbz Infinite world.
Both are easier to run at playable speeds compared to budokai tenkaichi.
(08-01-2014, 07:50 AM)Dark Infernape Wrote: [ -> ]if you find it hard to get the Budokai Tenkaichi series at playable speeds, you should try the Budokai series and dbz Infinite world.

yes.
if a game doesn't play well, just buy another one.

not everyone is as wealthy as you are, you know...
(08-01-2014, 07:50 AM)Dark Infernape Wrote: [ -> ]if you find it hard to get the Budokai Tenkaichi series at playable speeds, you should try the Budokai series and dbz Infinite world.

I don't think so.
I can play BT3 at 60 FPS but IW runs at 30-40 ._. ...

ON:
I use Miseru99's GSdx Plugin to play BT3, disabling some.. graphics you can get 60 FPS more easily
The problem is.. it will look like this..

If you still want to play it by that way, you can download the plugin here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fy2g4rfjyny8o9a

Settings:
[Image: zda7qNQ.png]

Cya~
(08-01-2014, 09:38 AM)Lunos Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so.
I can play BT3 at 60 FPS but IW runs at 30-40 ._. ...

ON:
I use Miseru99's GSdx Plugin to play BT3, disabling some.. graphics you can get 60 FPS more easily
The problem is.. it will look like this..

If you still want to play it by that way, you can download the plugin here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fy2g4rfjyny8o9a

Settings:
[Image: zda7qNQ.png]

Cya~

This might be a stupid question, but where do I paste the patch file to? Or do I need to even do that?

I tried with just pasting the DLL's to the plugin folder and your settings, didn't improve my FPS at all. I actually get 35-40fps with "higher" settings and 25-35 with lower. :o
how do you define higher and lower settings?

The other gsdx plugin could probably only help if you are gpu-limited. I would check that first.
Therefore what are your GS% and EE% readings during slowdowns if you set the two sliders jesalvein mentioned to the minimum? Probably EE will be 100% and the miseru plugin will not help at all.

You can think about overclocking the cpu. Overclocking can enhance the performance most efficiently.
(08-01-2014, 11:35 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]how do you define higher and lower settings?

The other gsdx plugin could probably only help if you are gpu-limited. I would check that first.
Therefore what are your GS% and EE% readings during slowdowns if you set the two sliders jesalvein mentioned to the minimum? Probably EE will be 100% and the miseru plugin will not help at all.

You can think about overclocking the cpu. Overclocking can enhance the performance most efficiently.

I mean with lower settings with texture filtering greyed and everything else disabled.

EE 70-80% and GS about the same.

EDIT: I'm a little bit stupid with OC stuff and have no idea how to OC(I know you do it through BIOS, but that's all). Tried to google it but too confusing.
Do you run the game directly from the dvd or do you use an iso?
If I am cpu bottlenecked I get easily 100%. 70%-80% doesn't sound that bad..
(08-01-2014, 02:26 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you run the game directly from the dvd or do you use an iso?
If I am cpu bottlenecked I get easily 100%. 70%-80% doesn't sound that bad..

ISO, as I loan the games to my friend when I don't need them. Also, it is at 70-80% but my FPS is at 25-45...but 55-60 in cutscenes(usually).