..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 4 random "thread creation failure" when creating save state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been persistent for sometime now where I play persona 4 (with no issues) and then at random intervals (sometimes 5 minutes into the game, sometimes 5 hours into the games) where the emulator crashes completely and I get "thread creation failure". Then I realise I spent 3 hours level grinding with no proper save and cry myself to sleep. I've started keeping backups of my memcards and save states now but I was just wondering what's up with this happening?
Please show an emulog.txt containing the error(e.g. from PCSX2/logs or My Documents/PCSX2/logs). After the problem, but BEFORE running the PCSX2 again, else it will be a new unrelated log. Also, hardware specs? OS?
(08-06-2014, 06:37 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Please show an emulog.txt containing the error(e.g. from PCSX2/logs or My Documents/PCSX2/logs). After the problem, but BEFORE running the PCSX2 again, else it will be a new unrelated log. Also, hardware specs? OS?

The log I found I my folder seems to miss any errors at all. Reading through it shows nothing. I guess I'll have to wait until pcsx2 crashes again (if ever)
(08-06-2014, 06:37 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Please show an emulog.txt containing the error(e.g. from PCSX2/logs or My Documents/PCSX2/logs). After the problem, but BEFORE running the PCSX2 again, else it will be a new unrelated log. Also, hardware specs? OS?

Instead of pcsx2 crashing I have a different error now. Shed any light onto this?

Code:
Saving savestate to slot 0...
    filename: C:\Users\marti_000\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-21782 (DEDC3B71).00.p2s
MTVU speedhack is enabled, saved states may not be stable
    Saving GS
    Saving PAD
    Saving SPU2
Path: C:\Users\marti_000\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-21782 (DEDC3B71).00.p2s
Failed to move or copy the temporary archive to the destination filename.(thread:pxThread)

pcsx2 seemed to save ok after I took another save state but this is still popping up some of the time.
^ That can happen if you do savestates too quickly in a row. Also it may happen randomly from time to time. I've seen it a few times.

Also, as it says, MTVU can cause savestates to not work right. It's rare, but I've had it happen.
Sometimes we get this (or a similar) report but it's very hard to debug this when it never happens to testers..
Can you please file an issue report about this? Please include details such as:
PCSX2 version used, install mode (portable or installed to program files), anything else you think might prevent it from doing file copy operations.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues
(08-06-2014, 10:48 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes we get this (or a similar) report but it's very hard to debug this when it never happens to testers..
PCSX2 version used, install mode (portable or installed to program files), anything else you think might prevent it from doing file copy operations.

The guide for posting the issue states to insure that all speed hacks are off. Doesn't that invalidate my issue in any way?
(08-06-2014, 10:48 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes we get this (or a similar) report but it's very hard to debug this when it never happens to testers..

Then wouldn't it be easier to guide users with a certain level of ability into compiling pcsx2 with debug symbols and providing a stack trace?
I realise it's more than the average user will go through but suppose they can understand following steps without getting lost it shouldn't be very difficult.
It would be beneficial, Coornio. The thing is, I'm over capacity to handle stuff already Tongue2