..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Downloading Demos = Piracy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to know if it is illegal to download iso's of demos off of the internet. I want to download the demos to test games out that I do not own for the PS2, but own as an HD collection / different platform. Is it considered illegal if I download demos of games I don't have? Edit: Plus, I would want to download demos to search for beta content, if that is ok.
This is tricky. If it was an official demo disk, like from OPM(Official Playstation Magazine) then it would definitely be piracy, as the disk itself is copyrighted.

In fact, I am pretty sure demos are copyrighted, even if they were free, and that makes it piracy. (Note I am referring specifically to PS2 demos here of course)

Morally I wouldn't see a problem with it, but legally I think it's an issue.
(08-18-2014, 09:09 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]This is tricky. If it was an official demo disk, like from OPM(Official Playstation Magazine) then it would definitely be piracy, as the disk itself is copyrighted.

In fact, I am pretty sure demos are copyrighted, even if they were free, and that makes it piracy. (Note I am referring specifically to PS2 demos here of course)

Morally I wouldn't see a problem with it, but legally I think it's an issue.

So, what would you perfer I do?
Care or you gonna end in jail for downloading a PS2 demo, the CIA is watching your computer.
(08-18-2014, 09:27 PM)Coma Wrote: [ -> ]Care or you gonna end in jail for downloading a PS2 demo, the CIA is watching your computer.

Ok, thanks for the answer! Thread closed.