..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black Screen/Crash on Manjaro/Arch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running PCSX2 1.2.2-2 on Manjaro/Arch (manjaro is based off arch so Ill just say arch for now). I have an AMD 7950 video card with the latest stable closed source drivers. Whenever I try to run a game (Guitar Hero 3 specifically) from the CDVD option, either the game window launches and is only black or PCSX2 crashes. I have tried going into the plugin selector and selecting a different plugin for GS but the same problem occurs. Whats wrong here? Is it something I am missing or something with AMDs drivers?

If you need some type of log please tell me what you need.
Is your OS 32 or 64bit? Do you have 32bit gpu drivers installed? If so, please post terminal output during the crash.
(08-18-2014, 11:25 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Is your OS 32 or 64bit? Do you have 32bit gpu drivers installed? If so, please post terminal output during the crash.
It is 64bit, however for the closed source drivers I belive I have both the 64bit and 32bit libs (as Steam requires these and steam/steam games work fine).

Ive launched pcsx2 in a terminal to give you the output. The output is of me opening the program and choosing to run the game via CDVD (fast).

Code:
pcsx2
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 14: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated. please move it to /home/andre/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf manually
GSnull:Testing GSnull.
GSnull:GSnull plugin version 0,1
GSnull:GS init.
GSnull:Initializing GSnull.
GSnull:GS open2.
GSnull:Opening GSnull (2).
GSnull:Setting the crc to '0' with 0x0 for options.
Killed
GSnull? Use GSdx.
(08-19-2014, 01:20 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]GSnull? Use GSdx.
Okay, I tried it with GSdx and I get stuff about certain things missing...which means its the drivers I suppose. I wont be able to post a log in a while.
Could you post the error message as well as "pacman -Q | grep lib32"

[edit] Also, Manjaro doesn't use the Arch repos, but rather its own. This is fundamental difference between the two distros. They don't have the same package base.