..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can play MGS 3 fine without any problems, no lag, no audio problems, cutscenes are fine, 60 fps at all times, but when I try to play Metal Gear Solid 2 the game is laggy and it freezes the audio is extremely choppy and my fps drops to about 15. I don't really know why this could be happening so if anyone could help me out that'd be great.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
I'm using Nvidia gefroce gt 610, AMD fx 4100 quad core processor, 8 gb ram, Windows 8. I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1, also all default settings. I'm trying to play metal gear solid 2 Sons of liberty ISO. It doesn't make sense that MGS 3 will run fine but MGS 2 won't.
Your machine is really too weak for a demanding game like MGS. What do the EE and GS% say in the GSdx window when you get slowdown?
(08-24-2014, 02:39 AM)xQuincyx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Nvidia gefroce gt 610, AMD fx 4100 quad core processor, 8 gb ram, Windows 8. I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1, also all default settings. I'm trying to play metal gear solid 2 Sons of liberty ISO. It doesn't make sense that MGS 3 will run fine but MGS 2 won't.

Each game is different demand just cause one game work fine dont mean another will run too, this goes for MGS games to.
EE is around 55-70 and GS% is 30-35.
Have you enabled the MTVU speedhack? If not, try. It should give you a good boost on your system.
I have tried it but it doesn't change what's happening. The game just has fps lag and audio is laggy and terrible.
Try setting EE cycle rate hack slider to 2 and VU stealing slider to 1. If that doesn't fix it, you either have to give up and play on your PS2, over overclock your CPU to around 4.5Ghz.
Still really concerned as to why the third games works with no issue but the second game won't.
Pages: 1 2