..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Trouble with sound and video quality (In General).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently trying to configure pcsx2 1.2.1 to run without issues.
Regardless of what game I put in I get video and audio problems.

The video can momentarily or in certain maps/levels of games be utterly unplayable/unseeable. A lot of Text in games has black vertical line in the gaps between letters or even jittery dots underneath.

Most sound audio is fine until character speech which causes occasional issues. Stuttery robot noises basically.

I am assuming that the audio issue is caused by something lagging. Where as the video issue I can't even come to any idea as to what that is.

Could be both are inter-related.

OS - Windows 7
GPU - Nvidia GT660
CPU - Core i5
Valkyrie Profile when entering the first forest zone the screen goes patchy red as an overlay.

Wild Arms 4 has text issues at increased resolutions that I can live with.

The issues with sound though come either during loading or during real voice audio. I was wondering if this is a loading issue from a disc instead of an ISO image.

BTW I am running from disc and not an ISO image.
I personaly dont have any experience with Wild Arms but I believe there is some HW hack/s for it/them in the video plugin settings that are supposed to fix some graphical issues.
Ah yea I saw that in there after I posted that last one.

The lag issue seems to be from trying to read from a disc and not an ISO image it seems. Did an image burn on Rogue Galaxy after trying it out have only had 1 moment of that iffy sound show up.

However I still have no idea what is up with Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. The game has unplayable screens for me.
(08-25-2014, 07:43 AM)Choklitvanila Wrote: [ -> ]Valkyrie Profile when entering the first forest zone the screen goes patchy red as an overlay.
you have to press f9 to get past this zone.
it happens only in the first forest
(08-25-2014, 08:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you have to press f9 to get past this zone.
it happens only in the first forest

Thanks for the tip I will see if that works after I make the ISO image for the game.

For the most part I think my issues are resolved just the odd laggy sound spike still but very rare now.

Still digging around the site for things that could help with that but I don't think I am gonna get better than what it is now.
setting skipdraw to 1 will greatly reduce GPu load during exploration phases.
however, you'll get SPS during fight scenes
I might remember wrong but isnt there a new/different sound plugin/setting that reduces sound distortion during FPS drops with the cost of lower compatibility ? Im not on my PC right now so I cant check the settings...
I believe Jesalvein that it also can happen in a forest later in that game, haven't played it myself, but this is what I recalled from previous older posts.
(08-25-2014, 11:22 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Jesalvein that it also can happen in a forest later in that game, haven't played it myself, but this is what I recalled from previous older posts.
IIRC you're right.
I think It's a forest full of dwarves
Pages: 1 2