..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 1.2.1 suddenly says all states are corrupted...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, mates.

I'm having a truly annoying problem with PCSX2 1.2.1 (5875).

It was working just fine since I tried to open an apparently bad ISO image (it was working years ago, anyway... Wacko). Now everytime I try to load states in any game the emulator says something like the file could be truncated or corrupted, and doesn't want to work.

I know the states are not bad because I could load them just fine before and they are not modified (last modification was weeks ago), so I'm guessing it's a PCSX2 problem.

If I save a state I can load it, but not those created before the ISO problem.

It's annoying because there's some unsaved (in the memory card) progress, and I can't get rid of the problem.

I'm using the same plugins as before. In fact, I didn't touch anything before it started to fail.

I didn't try resetting the emulator config, nor reinstalling it, but I don't know if that would make any good anyway.

The emuLog file, just in case it could be useful:

[attachment=52404]

I hope we can solve this annoying problem.
"long ago" means you were using those savestates on a previous pcsx2 version ?
(09-12-2014, 08:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]"long ago" means you were using those savestates on a previous pcsx2 version ?

No, I only use states with the same emulator version since I know well the states only work with the emulator version they were created.

Many years using PCSX2 now... Wink

Scootaloo

First off you should not be using save states for general purpose. You should use them only when you have to, or as a backup to a Memory Card save.
Code:
Unexpected end of file or stream.
This seems to be the problem... where do you get this "truncated"/"corrupted" error message?
were you using MTVU speedhack, maybe ?
I only use states for temporary progress between save points. But even like that some progress is lost, and sometimes it's annoying redoing everything since the last save.

I get the error message when in the emulation window, as I open the game via “Boot CDVD” (Linuz ISO CDVD 0.9.0) and wait a few seconds as always and press F3/load state via menu. Then the message appears and the game freezes/hangs.

No speedhacks in use.

Thanks a lot for the answers...
I only use states for temporary progress between save points. But even like that some progress is lost, and sometimes it's annoying redoing everything since the last save.

I get the error message when in the emulation window, as I open the game via “Boot CDVD” (Linuz ISO CDVD 0.9.0) and wait a few seconds as always and press F3/load state via menu. Then the message appears and the game freezes/hangs.

No speedhacks in use.

When I tried to boot the “faulty” ISO the emulator said something about the file was mounted or something (it was not, obviously), and that the file wasn't valid. Then started this state jeopardy, and can't fix it. PCSX2 1.2.1 can' load any state even when they were working just fine (the same version, and the backups).

Thanks a lot for the answers...
Try another cdvd plugin, like cdvdGigaherz.
(09-13-2014, 12:20 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: [ -> ]Try another cdvd plugin, like cdvdGigaherz.

Good idea. But still the same... Sad
Pages: 1 2