..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: To whatever mod is closing out necro threads in this subforum without saying anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'd like to humbly request that you please reply to the person that necro'ed the thread (or maybe PM them?) letting them know that you're closing the thread and why. Some people don't frequent forums so they don't know you're not supposed to do that. Other people just don't think to check the date and they found the thread through a Google search result or something (that's happened to me more than once).

Another thing you could do is spin the post off into it's own thread and explain to them why you did that.

Not trying to tell you how to run your forums, just providing suggestions since sometimes it can be a bit jarring to see a forum thread closed out without any notice.

Thanks! Laugh
This a silent rule that should be UNDER THE RULES of the forums, But i pretty most forums dont like have topic necroed, special when there years upon year old.

Mod's can do as they please though.
^
I disagree. Some people that come on here aren't familiar with being on forums. They may not know that necro-posting isn't well liked. I think it would be best for a moderator to leave a post telling the person to open their own thread.

There are also instances where it's not necessary to close a thread because a post was only a few months old and the person post extremely helpful/relevant information.
We spoke about this before: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-posting-to-old-threads

Most of us decided against closing necro threads where the post was really useful. We also decided it would be nice if the forum automatically made a message to tell you you were posting in really old thread.
I think the idea is that the op asks a question or whatever. ... then it's answered. What happens is the op never even comes back a thread sits dead for 6 months +. Hence the thread is pointless except for maybe research purposes. Adding to it after that point just clutters it up.
Also, I'm moving this thread to Site discussion.
(09-27-2014, 08:35 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'm moving this thread to Site discussion.

Yeah sorry about that. I just wasn't sure if whatever mod it was doing that was also frequenting other subforums or just the Windows Support one.
(09-27-2014, 08:18 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]Mod's can do as they please though.
Maybe we should write this as an universal rule Smile
(09-27-2014, 08:40 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah sorry about that. I just wasn't sure if whatever mod it was doing that was also frequenting other subforums or just the Windows Support one.

There are only two really active "mods" and that's jesalvein and myself. And we both go everywhere.

Bositman is an admin and the only one that mods commonly. And he goes everywhere too.

Edit: Here's my vote: I say we create a mod tool like the Warez tool we have, except for necroposting. I do sometimes get PMs asking why the necro thread was closed without an explanation(though I always provide an explanation, personally Tongue2). If we had a mod tool, then it would be as simple as clicking that. Then the tread is closed and an explanation is given. Easy as pie.
What about closing off the old threads in a locked subforum (like the 0.9.5 days) if/when the next stable version is released?
Pages: 1 2 3 4