..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS rate in my system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my system configurations are i5 2nd gen, nvidia gt 540m, integrated intel graphic card, 4gb ram...

i installed pcsx2 2 days ago and i was urban region playing bt it was running very slow on rate of 30-40 fps....

can pcsx2 members tell me any configurations or settings to increase the speed of game...

i am also posting the screenshot of my pcsx2

[Image: sc8g7c.png]
That CPU is weak for PCSX2. It might be an i5, but it's a laptop i5. You can run some easier to emulate games, but not really demanding ones. Make sure your power plan is set to high performance.
bt this game was working fine on my older lapi with ati radeon 4570 and with same cpu....
(10-03-2014, 04:49 AM)darktruth Wrote: [ -> ]bt this game was working fine on my older lapi with ati radeon 4570 and with same cpu....

As already pointed, make sure Windows is running a performance power plan and then make sure GSDX is using your discrete video card instead the onboard.
well you are lucky since u could pull 30-40 fps in that weak processor, and if you wanna increase more try speed hacks and lower the internal resolution and if the non-smoothness play doesnt bother you then try frame skip
I would say that cpu is not the strongest but by far not the weakest we have seen here...
I would guess you can play some games full speed but I don't know that game.

Do you use recommended speedhacks?
As already said check performance settings and plug the cable.

What are EE% and GS% readings during emulation?
and why has no one posted the important question..?

Which game/games?
He/She actually wrote urban region... Probably he/she meant Urban Reign
speedhacks and lower resolution wrkd 4 me thankx 4 the hlp
(10-07-2014, 09:16 AM)darktruth Wrote: [ -> ]speedhacks and lower resolution wrkd 4 me thankx 4 the hlp

well, did u change it to native resolution. then, what resolution were you there before getting 30-40 fps on anyway.... i thought you were at native resolution from the start