..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dragon Quest VIII - Black boxes when psych up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When psych me up with any character, appear as black boxes from the image below

[Image: qfd0Gg.png]

I have version 1.2.1, and change absolutely nothing about the graphics

Anyone know how to fix it?

My PC:

Intel Core i7 3770
Nvidia GeForce GT640 4GB
RAM: 16Gb DDR3
Windows 8.1
Version : PCSX2 1.2.1
All default settings , without change anything
I use only Dragon Quest VIII from ISO

PDWackoorry if I wrote something wrong, do not speak much English, I'm from Spain and use the translator
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(10-11-2014, 12:48 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Thanks for the input , I will forget. Sorry.
Try cycling Texture filtering it has 3 settings Check(2d/3d) Box (3d only) No box/Check (off)

I just tried the game and IN DX11 HW with 4x scale 8x AF, Texture filter (check) And GSDX shader enabled Psych up looks fine. Possible driver issue? i am using 344.11
(10-11-2014, 06:16 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]Try cycling Texture filtering it has 3 settings Check(2d/3d) Box (3d only) No box/Check (off)

I just tried the game and IN DX11 HW with 4x scale 8x AF, Texture filter (check) And GSDX shader enabled Psych up looks fine. Possible driver issue? i am using 344.11

I have 34.11 too but... Really thanks, Just change what you said me the problem was fixed! Thanks!Biggrin
(10-11-2014, 08:14 AM)Rohen31 Wrote: [ -> ]I have 34.11 too but... Really thanks, Just change what you said me the problem was fixed! Thanks!Biggrin

What where the settings that fixed it. I will update the pcsx2 wiki for the game seeing this problem keep poping up, and no one actual listed fix there for it