..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cannot load ROM - White Startup Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using a Macbook Air and I want to play Kingdom Hearts.
When I load the ROM I just get a white screen.
How do I fix this?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
You are also in the linux section... If you installed linux on your mac book air it would be a noteworthy fact...
(10-11-2014, 06:26 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]You are also in the linux section... If you installed linux on your mac book air it would be a noteworthy fact...

Yeah thanks for that. I know where I posted. It was either here or the Windows section. I preferred this section...

(10-11-2014, 11:49 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Serial Number C02MJ4JEF6T6
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

PCSX2 1.1.0.r5622 - compiled on Apr 27 2013

Everything is in default settings except for this I think:
http://gyazo.com/c0821249e55b28198f11b9679b898c96

Also when I opened that window this happened:
http://gyazo.com/4b3d58743d5350ffabda7dadc90daaf0

I was following this video to help with the settings but I restored everything to default settings except the top picture I sent you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qog31vk5bcw
This thread contains a lot of strange stuff and some open questions still remain.

1. We also have a Mac Forum.
2. We normally don't support non-official versions. It's not really clear if you used that version provided in the youtube channel.
3. pcsx2 version 1.1 does not natively run on mac. We have PCSX2-CE for that
4. Your mac is probably extremely weak. It might not be possible to run at full speed.
5. The recommendation in the video is extremely naive. Probably it doesn't help at all what is shown there.

Can you please post the emulog?
Can you please state where you downloaded your version and if it is using wine?
(10-13-2014, 02:17 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]This thread contains a lot of strange stuff and some open questions still remain.

1. We also have a Mac Forum.
2. We normally don't support non-official versions. It's not really clear if you used that version provided in the youtube channel.
3. pcsx2 version 1.1 does not natively run on mac. We have PCSX2-CE for that
4. Your mac is probably extremely weak. It might not be possible to run at full speed.
5. The recommendation in the video is extremely naive. Probably it doesn't help at all what is shown there.

Can you please post the emulog?
Can you please state where you downloaded your version and if it is using wine?

I didn't see the Mac forum so please move this thread if it's in the way.

I did use the version provided in the youtube channel. I then tried to uninstall it but I don't know how to uninstall programs on Mac. This is my first Mac computer. I've never touched one before this one.

Emulog:
PCSX2 1.1.0.r5622 - compiled on Apr 27 2013
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 2048 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-4250U CPU @ 1.30GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 01)
CPU speed = 1.899 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
x86EFlags = 2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx-sse2.dll
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2\plugins\LilyPad 2.dll

I downloaded the program provided in the link from the youtube channel and it uses wine.

I forgot to add that I want to play Kingdom Hearts and it is an ISO
This seems to be only half of the emulog. Can you please post the whole emulog again after you see that white screen?

Normally we don't support unofficial stuff and it could be that you have some virus-infected scam-app (if such exists for mac in combination with pcsx2).

I would suggest to use pcsx2-ce instead. The probability that this works for KingdomHearts is quite high.
If you are more familiar with linux or windows I would as well suggest to install a dualboot system if the storage allows maintenance of a second operating system. The windows version is much superior to any mac version and probably still slightly better than the linux version.
(10-13-2014, 04:44 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]This seems to be only half of the emulog. Can you please post the whole emulog again after you see that white screen?

Normally we don't support unofficial stuff and it could be that you have some virus-infected scam-app (if such exists for mac in combination with pcsx2).

I would suggest to use pcsx2-ce instead. The probability that this works for KingdomHearts is quite high.
If you are more familiar with linux or windows I would as well suggest to install a dualboot system if the storage allows maintenance of a second operating system. The windows version is much superior to any mac version and probably still slightly better than the linux version.

Okay thank you for your help. I'm gonna uninstall it and put up a dualboot system instead.
You won't get anywhere with a cpu of that speed.