..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-16-2014, 03:33 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having trouble starting up the program with the latest update.

Event Viewer shows two errors (App Error and .NET Runtime error)

Faulting application path: D:\PC\DS4\DS4tool j2k\DS4Windows.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

---

Application: DS4Windows.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

---

Anyone else running into issues, or is it just me? (Windows 8.1)

Just a guess, maybe your .NET isn't up to date (you'll need 4.5, though 4.0 should be fine you may need to update).
(11-16-2014, 03:34 AM)zolcos Wrote: [ -> ]It's a shame xpadder isn't open source or we'd be able to see how they do it

Tell me about it.
My .net is up to date and I even went ahead and tried out the preview build to see if maybe that could help. No luck. I'm not sure what it could be.
(11-15-2014, 11:51 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.4.15
Use Touchpad swipes for controls and disable it for mouse: swipe in 4 directions to use buttons, marcos, and even use the touchpad as an analog stick (Relive the great moments of playing an FPS on a touchscreen)
Mapping Stick directions to triggers now work properly

Ow man thanks you so much!!
The swipe commands work so well!
LaughDD

Edit---
I think there is a small bug in the shift modifier tap.
Like some default commands are wrong:

"Options" shows "fall back to back" should be "fall back to start".
"Share" shows "fall back to Right Trigger" should be "fall back to back".
"Left" shows "fall back to Start" should be "fall back to Left Button".
"Right" shows "fall back to Left Button" should be "fall back to Right Button".
"PS " shows "fall back to Left Trigger" should be "fall back to PS".
(11-15-2014, 11:51 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.4.15
Use Touchpad swipes for controls and disable it for mouse: swipe in 4 directions to use buttons, marcos, and even use the touchpad as an analog stick (Relive the great moments of playing an FPS on a touchscreen)
Mapping Stick directions to triggers now work properly

There is going to be some maniac raised on touch devices that is going to use that touchpad as an analog stick. I suspect these people might also be the ones that invert the mouse-look in first-person games.
(11-16-2014, 04:11 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]My .net is up to date and I even went ahead and tried out the preview build to see if maybe that could help. No luck. I'm not sure what it could be.

Do you mind if tomorrow I send you a few debug builds to see what happened?
(11-16-2014, 06:04 AM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Ow man thanks you so much!!
The swipe commands work so well!
LaughDD

Edit---
I think there is a small bug in the shift modifier tap.
Like some default commands are wrong:

"Options" shows "fall back to back" should be "fall back to start".
"Share" shows "fall back to Right Trigger" should be "fall back to back".
"Left" shows "fall back to Start" should be "fall back to Left Button".
"Right" shows "fall back to Left Button" should be "fall back to Right Button".
"PS " shows "fall back to Left Trigger" should be "fall back to PS".

The order of the reading got messed up, but it's just a visual bug, it will still default to the proper control. Nevertheless it will be fixed.
(11-16-2014, 07:53 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mind if tomorrow I send you a few debug builds to see what

That would be great. Thanks.
So, this doesn't make ANY difference at all, but when you go to update DS4Windows and the current version is still running, it tells you that it needs to close the program to continue. The word "continue" is misspelled. Completely aesthetic, but just thought I'd point it out. Tongue
Since 1.4.1, I can no longer use shift controls. No idea why when previous versions still work so it can't be my system. I use the PS button as my modifier but that doesn't matter because every other button doesn't make it work either.

Also, adjusting the lightbar color sliders no longer updates the changes on the controller in real-time. Now have to save the profile to see the changes.

Using Windows 8.1 x64. Also tested on a fresh Windows 7 x64 install.
This is, by far, the best wrapper. The UI is simply awesome.
Thank you for your effort on this amazing tool.
@ Jays2Kings last bug report:

Even when the "Use touchpad swipes for controls" is enable there are still notifications of On/OFF when pressing the PS and the Touchpad.
Just the notification shows the actual mouse movement stays off.

Small questions: What Flush HID is for?

Man I never notice that the shift modifier have its on color setup!
Dude that is so clever and amazing!!

(11-16-2014, 02:39 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Since 1.4.1, I can no longer use shift controls. No idea why when previous versions still work so it can't be my system. I use the PS button as my modifier but that doesn't matter because every other button doesn't make it work either.

Also, adjusting the lightbar color sliders no longer updates the changes on the controller in real-time. Now have to save the profile to see the changes.

Using Windows 8.1 x64. Also tested on a fresh Windows 7 x64 install.

shift controls are still working for me with 1.4.15.
The lightbar issue I can confirm that is also happening.