..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all big thanks for this tool!
I started use it couple days ago and looks like everything works fine except these issues:

1) I created profile for Mass Effect 3 game (which has no native support for xbox360 controller) where I mapped mouse movements to RS (RS UP --> mouse UP, RS Down --> mouse Down, etc.)
When I start the game and standing without movements I see that aim is "dancing" a bit like this:
[Image: WH9wBuw.gif?1]
In the Controller Readings tab I also noticed movements of point for Left Stick and Sixaxis (DS4 is laying on table at that moment):
[Image: 6PSsawg.gif?1]
In other xbox360 supported games I didn't face this problem. Could it be fixed somehow?

2) Mapping of keyboard SHIFT key to L1/L2 or R1/R2 is not working. But I solved it by setting SHIFT action to another key in Mass Effect's settings

3) I lost all my controls mappings for custom profiles after update to the last version, this is also not a big problem if it won't happen on next update Smile

My environment:
Windows 8.1 x64
DS4Windows version is 1.4.156
DS4 controller is connected via bluetooth
(11-19-2014, 07:05 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]1.
a) It doesn't crash when pressing [stop] while plugged with bluetooth with 'disconnect when stop' is checked. Calling the function for stop and again right after for it to come back on will achieve this (with the stop bluetooth option on) auto switch without problem. I do this with autohotkey myself by detecting the bluetooth and plugged symbols on the other tab, then simulate pressing the button for it to do so.

b) You would have to wait 30 mins to an hour for the controller to charge. If a person is close enough to the computer while still playing, if they are still playing that long for it to charge, then they probably aren't going to be paying attention to when it finishes and will still be sitting by the computer with it corded still while still playing. Which ubi game? I hotplug with bluetooth all the time with Watchdogs without problems. And if a person forgets and leaves the controller in while bluetooth is still on, bluetooth will be taking power the whole time while the battery will be taking power for itself causing more power consumption vs bluetooth not being on and the battery stopping when it's full because bluetooth isn't on to use power. Even more so since plugged bluetooth itself doesn't time out with the idle option while plugged.

So using the 'a)' option with the start/stop function ONLY when 'bluetooth off on stop' is checked seems safer and more stable instead of using the direct bluetooth off function. That way ppl can have the quick access way and the power saving way both with a flick of a check of an already existing option Smile

2. I restarted, it doesn't happen anymore. Seems to happen sometimes when I get a new version and not restart the pc yet. Okay, the sticking option sounds cool. Sorry, sometimes I forget that I ask some things before when I run into an issue months after I actually said something the first time again Tongue
Like I said there's still some games that try to get access to the DS4, the ubisoft games being far cry 4 and soon to the crew, and many other games. Still choice is great so I'll add an option for that as well.

(11-19-2014, 02:40 PM)mirufap Wrote: [ -> ]will this program support old DS3?
i had DS4 and also DS3
i want to use both on pc for multiplayer game like fifa

It will not sorry about that.
(11-19-2014, 06:23 PM)MrPossum Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to preface this with... I LOVE THIS software and have been using it for quite awhile now. I have now run in to my first issue. I am on the latest version and Windows 8.1.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is not working properly while all other games do work fine. The DS4 is detected and is sort of working but the button mapping is quite messed up (despite the mapping being correct in DS4Windows). For example: R3 is start. The shoulder/triggers are the face buttons, etc. I've never experienced anything like this. If I launch any other game, everything works fine again as normal.

Any advice?
In settings check hide DS4 and connect your controller before launching the game. I should really add this to the OP.

(11-19-2014, 09:21 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Why I have this error when I click to Check for Updates ?

[Image: 6kaXa9F.png]

From what I can (attempt to translate, it doesn't look like DS4Windows can write to it's update file. Delete the version.txt in folder and it should be good.

(11-20-2014, 01:35 AM)Booch Wrote: [ -> ]First of all big thanks for this tool!
I started use it couple days ago and looks like everything works fine except these issues:

1) I created profile for Mass Effect 3 game (which has no native support for xbox360 controller) where I mapped mouse movements to RS (RS UP --> mouse UP, RS Down --> mouse Down, etc.)
When I start the game and standing without movements I see that aim is "dancing" a bit like this:
[Image: WH9wBuw.gif?1]
In the Controller Readings tab I also noticed movements of point for Left Stick and Sixaxis (DS4 is laying on table at that moment):
[Image: 6PSsawg.gif?1]
In other xbox360 supported games I didn't face this problem. Could it be fixed somehow?

2) Mapping of keyboard SHIFT key to L1/L2 or R1/R2 is not working. But I solved it by setting SHIFT action to another key in Mass Effect's settings

3) I lost all my controls mappings for custom profiles after update to the last version, this is also not a big problem if it won't happen on next update Smile

My environment:
Windows 8.1 x64
DS4Windows version is 1.4.156
DS4 controller is connected via bluetooth

1) That's weird that shouldn't be a problem. I don't have ME3 to try it, but in other games this problem doesn't happen. When you say "In other xbox360 supported games" do you mean you tried using the RS as a mouse and it worked fine? Because if that's the case it sounds like ME3 is the problem. Regardless there is a predefined deadzone for mouse movement, and it doesn't look like your right stick passes that deadzone. I'll be pushing an update in a moment, with it you should be able to set the deadzone in the options and it will affect how long it take to move the mouse.

2) Like I said I don't have ME3 to test but keyboard emulation is spotty per game/program

3) Sorry to hear that, I have no idea how that could've happened. I shouldn't happen again in the near future unless there's a critical reason, in that case next time I'll advise backing up profiles.
I'm surprised by how well swiping works. I am going to have to think of some uses for them. I think they may replace many of my shift mod commands.

On the subject of key presses: Since I (sadly) can't help with coding of any sort, I can at least let you know what happens in certain games/programs with ds4w's current implementation. What I've noticed is that this one program (a NFSMW mod) I use will recognize the button press (num7) the first time, but never again until I press the actual num7 on my keyboard(sometimes twice). Also, I tried to set up a screenshot button with FRAPS, but the program refuses to take any. The weird thing is that my framerate will drop just like it would if it was taking a screenshot, but it just doesn't take one. It's all really strange stuff. It's like the program sees the button press, but only half reacts to it.
(11-20-2014, 04:32 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]1) When you say "In other xbox360 supported games" do you mean you tried using the RS as a mouse and it worked fine? Because if that's the case it sounds like ME3 is the problem.
Sorry for confusing, i meant the games with default xbox 360 mappings...
And now I checked other games like Battlfield 4 and Bioshock infinite
with mouse movements using RS - same result. So this is NOT only ME problem
Also I tryed other DS4 gamepad - same result, so it's not a hardware problem
Checked with LS - the same...

And one more thing. When I removed mouse movements from RS, then added again - aim was not moving until first RS touch.. Maybe this may help investigate this...
Version 1.4.157
Experimental Option in settings: Quick Charge controller by turning off BT when plugged via USB
Settings a deadzone of .10+ to the sticks or higher now affects the mouse movement as well
Use DS4 for Mapping checkbox now remembers how it was last set
Fix for starting minimized showing up in task manager and alt+tab, this also more reliably starts minimized

2 Side notes:
1) if the updater is stuck on fetching download, delete ds4updater.exe and check for the update again.
2) Booch, try modifying the deadzone for the mouse for the RS and see if the shaking still happens.
(11-20-2014, 09:00 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]2) Booch, try modifying the deadzone for the mouse for the RS and see if the shaking still happens.
Unfortunatelly this didn't help Sad
Tryed deadzone from .10+ to 1.0
I was interesting how it works on DSDCS version of DS4Windows tool and it works fine there after setting deadzone for sticks. But I prefer more your version and would like to continue use it when it will be fixed Smile
I'm having the same issue as Booch.
Deadzone doesn't appear to fix the issue.. the cursor keeps "jumping" even before the stick hits the deadzone mark. Really weird.
Also, none of my games recognize keyboard key presses. The strange thing is, if I try to rebind the "W" key on Payday using the controller button that should correspond to "W", the game recognizes.. nothing? at least, appears to be nothing, as seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/NcQ7Pwo.jpg
There's nothing inside the quotation mark.

Scan Code doesn't help either. If I use it, the game acts as if I'm holding every key and I have to press the said key on the actual keyboard to stop the endless holding.
Quick question J2K, what does the Flush HID option do?
First of all thank you for this fantastic tool!

I was having the same issue as Booch and rainlyse, which I was able to fix for myself by lowering the pointer speed or enabling pointer precision.

This option can be found in the Control Panel under Mouse (View by Icons) or if you're using the categorized menu it's under Hardware and Sound.
In the new menu switch to the "Pointer Options" tab and either lower the Pointer speed or tick "Enhance pointer precision".
After that the little jumps of my mouse were gone.

I hope this fixes this problem for you guys too.

Edit: "Enhance pointer precision" enables Mouse acceleration, if you play games with mouse and keyboard (especially FPS, it messes with your aiming). Just keep that in mind.

Edit2: For J2K, it seems that the jumps get worse the higher the pointer speed and go away if the pointer speed it below half. I hope this helps to find what's causing that behavior.