..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-22-2014, 03:41 AM)rainlyse Wrote: [ -> ]So, I've done a little test using a KB tester program.
The program doesn't recognize key presses normally. It only recognizes key presses if the Scan Code option is activated on DS4Windows.
The issue, though, is that the program recognizes the keys being pressed, but not they being released.

Even after I release the controller button that correspond to those keyboard keys, they are still seen as being pressed.
Hope that something can be done. Thank you.

I can confirm that this is also happening with Skyrim.
Using the "Scan Code" the game recognized the keyboard keys assigned to the DS4. Yay!! Laugh

But the like rainlyse said the game recognized the keys being pressed but not being released (holded).
I think this is already good news since with "Scan Code" some games support keyboard emulation.
Just need to fix the "key press / hold / release" issue.

Also would be nice to enable the "Scan Code" in the profile steady of in each key.
Just to make things faster Laugh.
It is safe to use like if you use it on a Anti-cheat protected games like VAC protected games and whatnot?
But nice program anyway.
(11-24-2014, 01:19 PM)jomarcenter Wrote: [ -> ]It is safe to use like if you use it on a Anti-cheat protected games like VAC protected games and whatnot?
But nice program anyway.

I´m using it for a long time, like more them 6 months.
And never had issues with VAC games.
IMO VAC is not as dumb as most people say it is.
Most people that claim that VAC bans for everything (sweetfx, ENB, motionjoy) are actual cheaters.
Found an issue with the quickcharge option. When the battery is running low (blinking lights) plugging in the controller in-game from bluetooth doesn't work (just shuts off bluetooth). Unplugging and replugging gets it to work. If you are above this battery level though, it works fine (I currently have my low battery indicator at flash at 10%).

Also when going into a profile sometimes, the rumble seems to go berserk. Unknown to what triggers it because it doesn't happen all the time.
I I have an very odd issue. I use to be able to use exclusive mode with this tool for awhile worked perfectly.

Now all of a suddon doesint matter what I do I cant activate exclusive mode.

Steam everything is closed that could use this controller.

Im at wits end on what todo.

I did notice with the new nvidia drivers that a streamer service gets installed.

Any suggestions?
(11-23-2014, 02:23 AM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to change the controller port?
My controller keeps getting set as (Controller 2) and there is no way to make it #1 even by disconnecting it and connecting it again. The only way to reset it is by rebooting the whole PC which is very annoying.

In what exactly is it getting set as controller 2? In DS4Windows or in games? if the latter, try using hide DS4.
(11-23-2014, 02:55 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to make "Touchpad (not clicked in)" a regular button as well?

That would be kinda hard since it would be hard to detect when you really want to touch down on the pad or perform a swipe.
(11-23-2014, 08:56 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that this is also happening with Skyrim.
Using the "Scan Code" the game recognized the keyboard keys assigned to the DS4. Yay!! Laugh

But the like rainlyse said the game recognized the keys being pressed but not being released (holded).
I think this is already good news since with "Scan Code" some games support keyboard emulation.
Just need to fix the "key press / hold / release" issue.

Also would be nice to enable the "Scan Code" in the profile steady of in each key.
Just to make things faster Laugh.

Good to know scan code works for something, kinda Tongue I try to make the scan code setting stick better too.

(11-25-2014, 02:23 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Found an issue with the quickcharge option. When the battery is running low (blinking lights) plugging in the controller in-game from bluetooth doesn't work (just shuts off bluetooth). Unplugging and replugging gets it to work. If you are above this battery level though, it works fine (I currently have my low battery indicator at flash at 10%).

Also when going into a profile sometimes, the rumble seems to go berserk. Unknown to what triggers it because it doesn't happen all the time.

Thus why the feature is experimental, I'm not sure if the game wants control of the ds4, tho to switch to bt to usb needs to switch in a certain amount of time. In a game the cpu is being used heavily so it doesn't make the switch in time. Still I'll test out quick charging some more and see if I can make it more stable.

(11-26-2014, 09:36 PM)Degaron Wrote: [ -> ]I I have an very odd issue. I use to be able to use exclusive mode with this tool for awhile worked perfectly.

Now all of a suddon doesint matter what I do I cant activate exclusive mode.

Steam everything is closed that could use this controller.

Im at wits end on what todo.

I did notice with the new nvidia drivers that a streamer service gets installed.

Any suggestions?

Do you see that warning in the log still? there may be another program trying to grab the controller then (like teamspeak or keyboard automation programs)

Also I don't think the keyboard emulation will be able to get any better as I have yet to find a c# program that can emulate keys for all programs, sorry about that.

In better news though, is that I have extras working, where holding a button, etc. can change the lightbar, rumble, and mouse sensitivity. I should push the update out by monday or tuesday (more likely), is there anything else you guys like to see in this?
For the first quote, just in the OS. Plain DS4 is always Controller 1. Xinput wrapper is always controller 2. So when you're using xinput, it is always read as #2 in the system but games automatically make it controller 1 since it's the only one plugged in. He is asking if it is possible to make both read as controller 1 based on which mode it's in. If hide ds4 isn't checked, ds4 should be #1 and xinput should be #2 (which is how it is already but it's this way all the time). But if hide ds4 is checked, xinput should be #1 if it's the only controller that's plugged in.

I have an issue with this as well. Because if you're using a logitech and a DS4, the logitech will always be the 1st controller in games unless it's a game that lets you pick your position (fighting games). Also, when making programs, if I say that controller one's button controls this action in the program but im using just 1 ds4, then it will never work until I put a 2nd controller in (that's not a ds4). If I unplug the ds4 and put in a logitech, then it will work because the logitech is #1 in the system.

So this is how I can see it being a problem. To sum it up, DS4 is always #1, Xinput is always #2. So if using 2 xinput controllers (1 ds4 and 1 other brand that doesn't rely on ds4windows), DS4 will always be the 2nd controller. If 2 ds4s are in, one will be the 2nd and one will be the 4th instead of 1 being #1 and the other #2.

For my quote, it works fine if it's not low on battery. It seems like there's a conflict with the indicator that tells us that it's low (feature). It only doesn't reconnect only when the battery is low. I haven't tested putting the battery low level indicator higher though. I'll test to see what happens if I put it to 'flash if battery at 75%'.

Edit: It works fine if I set the indicator to 75%. So what I said definity's not it Tongue
But yes, good luck with sorting it out. You always do Smile
(11-29-2014, 09:56 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]For the first quote, just in the OS. Plain DS4 is always Controller 1. Xinput wrapper is always controller 2. So when you're using xinput, it is always read as #2 in the system but games automatically make it controller 1 since it's the only one plugged in. He is asking if it is possible to make both read as controller 1 based on which mode it's in. If hide ds4 isn't checked, ds4 should be #1 and xinput should be #2 (which is how it is already but it's this way all the time). But if hide ds4 is checked, xinput should be #1 if it's the only controller that's plugged in.

I have an issue with this as well. Because if you're using a logitech and a DS4, the logitech will always be the 1st controller in games unless it's a game that lets you pick your position (fighting games). Also, when making programs, if I say that controller one's button controls this action in the program but im using just 1 ds4, then it will never work until I put a 2nd controller in (that's not a ds4). If I unplug the ds4 and put in a logitech, then it will work because the logitech is #1 in the system.

So this is how I can see it being a problem. To sum it up, DS4 is always #1, Xinput is always #2. So if using 2 xinput controllers (1 ds4 and 1 other brand that doesn't rely on ds4windows), DS4 will always be the 2nd controller. If 2 ds4s are in, one will be the 2nd and one will be the 4th instead of 1 being #1 and the other #2.

For my quote, it works fine if it's not low on battery. It seems like there's a conflict with the indicator that tells us that it's low (feature). It only doesn't reconnect only when the battery is low. I haven't tested putting the battery low level indicator higher though. I'll test to see what happens if I put it to 'flash if battery at 75%'.

Edit: It works fine if I set the indicator to 75%. So what I said definity's not it Tongue
But yes, good luck with sorting it out. You always do Smile

Yeah for that case, the way it gets a emulated xinput controller, it gets a xinput controller at port 11-14, leaving room for other programs emulating xinput at 1-4 (like scp's tool) so there's no conflict. I could change it back to port 1-4, but I'd risk those who use scp.
Guess the only other way would be good 'ol settings display option radio buttons for the ports to not conflict with anyone's configuration (if it can be done this way and is okay with you of course).
()Use Ports 1-4
()Use Ports 11-14
Quote:In what exactly is it getting set as controller 2? In DS4Windows or in games? if the latter, try using hide DS4.

In "XInput Test" software and in PCSX2, while DS4Windows show it in the first slot. Other games act differently, some work flawlessly while others don't even detect the controller. This also happened in scp too, that was the main reason I started using J2K and the other forks just to find they all have the same problem. I'm asking in this thread because J2K is my favorite out of the bunch.

This problem happens randomly when the controller gets disconnected then when I reconnect it, it sticks to #2 while #1 is said to be not connected (Xinput Pad 0 and Xinput Pad 1 in PCSX2). I'm sure I tried to hide DS4 once -I tried every freaking thing at least once- and it did't work, but I will try it again the next time it happens.

Quote:He is asking if it is possible to make both read as controller 1 based on which mode it's in.

Not really, both XInput Test and PCSX2 read it as #1 normally, my problem is when they read it as #2 while there is no #1. In other words, my controller have the XInput index of 1 (second controller), while I want to have it set with index 0 (first controller). Is there anyway to do that? This is a basic functionality that all consoles with wireless controllers have, and I was very surprised to find how difficult it is to do in PC.