..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-03-2014, 08:26 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded (manually) to 1.4.16, and I keep getting a new error:

"Cannot move files, to new location, Please close out of any profiles in external programs"

DS4Windows isn't running, I have no games playing in the background, and I even unplugged my Bluetooth adapter. Anything I can do?

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to delete all my profiles and settings. :/
Whoa whoa you didn't have to delete the folder, just rename the folder "DS4Tool" to "DS4Windows".

I wanted to do a few more things before I pushed this next build, but I'll push it out now so ppl don't have this issue.
(12-03-2014, 10:32 PM)Degaron Wrote: [ -> ]Hi J2k I am running the latest windows technical Preview,

Looks like something in the framework might have changed.

Maybe Microsoft is aiming to add Joystick input on startup?

I figured as much, I'm runing the preview as well, Microsoft removed a service that was needed for this, w/o it the system grabs every device as soon as it connects, including the DS4. The only hope is microsoft brings the service back, or they add an alternative, or Hide DS4 won't work anymore on Windows 10. I'm really hoping it's not the latter.

EDIT:
Version 1.4.161
By default Xinput ports 1-4 are used, this can be changed back in settings to 11-14 and anything in between
Better handling of moving appdata folder to %Appdata%/DS4Windows
I've been having trouble getting the DS4 to work properly through Bluetooth with DS4Windows. As you can see from the first attached image, there are no controller ID showing up under DS4Windows even though the controller is connected (through bluetooth) and it shows activity when I move/click on the DS4 controller. Any idea what I'm missing/doing wrong?

Controllers Tab
[attachment=53279]

Log tab
[attachment=53280]

No issue when using wired. Even the trackpad works.
I'm using Windows 7 and a Bluetooth Dongle 4.0.
hello, can someone help me?

this software works good, but i want use it with bluetooth, i have a kensington 4.0 edr usb adapter, after hours testing all option possible , occurrs the same problem : high latency after some minutes of gaming, how can i fix it? its usb adapter problem? using a dualshock 3 (motioninjoy) works perfect, but with ds4 i get latency issue, using native ds4 drivers i get no problems, but i need xbox360 pad and all customize options .

- with ds4tool (virtual bus driver) i get the same issue.

please help, i dont know what to do.
One problem I have is, I want to have folders to organize my profiles. An example would be in game, the controls need to be switched once I'm in a vehicle but if I have multiple profiles I would have to swipe through them to find the correct one. If there was some type of folder system, I could make 1 folder with the 2 profiles and leave it off in that folder so I only cycle through those 2. If there is a way to do this or you can add this that would be great! Smile
Oh, snap, I thought the DS4Tool folder was left over from a crazy-old release. I made that much harder for myself than I needed to. Tongue
is it possible to edit the left/right stick sensitivity curve like in DSDCS?

[Image: 2014-07-25_8-46-04.jpg]
(12-04-2014, 08:50 PM)Niffy Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having trouble getting the DS4 to work properly through Bluetooth with DS4Windows. As you can see from the first attached image, there are no controller ID showing up under DS4Windows even though the controller is connected (through bluetooth) and it shows activity when I move/click on the DS4 controller. Any idea what I'm missing/doing wrong?

Controllers Tab

Log tab

No issue when using wired. Even the trackpad works.
I'm using Windows 7 and a Bluetooth Dongle 4.0.

Can you tell me exactly what the bluetooth adapter is?
(12-05-2014, 01:40 AM)bugzkilla Wrote: [ -> ]One problem I have is, I want to have folders to organize my profiles. An example would be in game, the controls need to be switched once I'm in a vehicle but if I have multiple profiles I would have to swipe through them to find the correct one. If there was some type of folder system, I could make 1 folder with the 2 profiles and leave it off in that folder so I only cycle through those 2. If there is a way to do this or you can add this that would be great! Smile

Trying to do a folder system could get too complex, trying to figure out when to swap the profiles outside for the folder, and it would complicate the saving process. MY best advice is to rename the two profiles with the same starting name like "Game1 Foot" and "Game1 Vehicle", since the profile swapping is in alphabetical order.
(12-06-2014, 09:00 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, snap, I thought the DS4Tool folder was left over from a crazy-old release. I made that much harder for myself than I needed to. Tongue

Yeah that was one of the only things left that was still called DS4Tool, and that could've confused a bunch of new users.
(12-06-2014, 07:10 PM)und3rd0g Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to edit the left/right stick sensitivity curve like in DSDCS?

[Image: 2014-07-25_8-46-04.jpg]

It might be, but what exactly is the benefit of doing it, I can't really think of many practical uses of it, so enlighten me please.
I think i might figured out what is grabbing the controller.

Due to the controller having an audio jack input.

Microsoft is adding Cortanna to windows 10.

That might be what is using this controller.
(12-07-2014, 12:37 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]It might be, but what exactly is the benefit of doing it, I can't really think of many practical uses of it, so enlighten me please.

I used it with DSDCS and found it very useful in some games, especially racing sims (e.g. Project Cars) and other games where thumbstick sensitivity settings are poor or not present at all.

I think your software is overall better than other ports, for many reasons... The only regret is the lack of this feature.

Sorry for my english Tongue
anyone compare CPU usage of this fork compared to the other one? dsdcs version uses a consistent 1% cpu on i5 @ 4.5GHz and has a rather obtrusive scanning of all current running programs to detect games. probably both are using the same underlying libraries which must be polling a lot. not sure if either of these forks have done much performance profiling/optimizing.

Edit: Okay I decided to test both myself, I initially saw higher CPU usage on this fork until I disabled HID flush like I had on the dsdcs build. CPU usage was about equal. forcing Dinput further reduced cpu usage to around 0.8% so I'd say this build is slightly more efficient on CPU, though I don't know the ramifications of using DInput instead of XInput

Edit2: now I'm seeing pretty identical cpu usage between both, i'm confused now... inconsistent results. not sure what changed

Edit3: okay so deleting all configs and starting new, i see the same 0.8%ish cpu usage after going to profle and disabling flush HID and enabling DInput. staying on that page works fine but once i save profile cpu usage jumps to 1%-ish CPU, strange. maybe i'm fretting over nothing here but i'm trying to squeeze out as much CPU as I can for new games. another winner for this version is it doesn't reserve any CPU VRAM according to process explorer, unlike the other fork.

Edit4: ah okay I see what DInput does now, doesn't get detected as xbox 360 controller with that enabled. Well, in conclusion here... I've discovered both versions are roughly equal in CPU usage, but this version has the advantage of not using any VRAM and is 64bit (though there's no perceivable performance difference between the 32bit fork and this 64bit fork). I'm not sure why the other fork is reserving GPU memory for the flashy GUI when this one is just as usable if not better. Also don't get me started on the ads in that version, though I donated to remove it and because I support programmers who make decent software. He hasn't released source code for his builds in a long time though... the libraries in particular are LGPL, so any modifications should be made available.

@Jays2Kings: does your fork support analog stick deadzones? the other fork supports independent deadzones for each stick, axial or radial. some people prefer axial for driving games, though for the most part a proper deadzone would be radial as described here: http://www.third-helix.com/2013/04/12/do...right.html I've noticed the sticks wear out at different levels so independent deadzones are a great feature and IMO it's better to have deadzones handled in the driver/software than in games. that is, if the games allow you to turn the sensitivity up high enough, since most have some sort of native deadzone of their own.