..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think a mistake may have been made when trying to default the wired mode light to be off until the user presses a button (or because of the pulse option addition) because I can no longer get any lights to come on when the controller is plugged in.

Here is a vid of the first boot problem I was having a while back in which the controller kicks a game into minimize mode if it is the first time you turned on wireless mode since windows boot:

Only happens with wireless mode and only happens again after restarting and turning on wireless mode the first time again. Doesn't happen with games that are borderless fullscreen which makes me think that something from the program is stealing focus for that first time?
(02-08-2015, 10:09 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]You could delete the ru-RU folder, but it would keep redownloading after each update, I'll add an option in the next update to turn off downloading a language pack.

Ok, thanks.
Please, add a macro for Alt+Tab on L1+PS, or with possibility of a choice of buttons personally.
(01-26-2015, 12:04 PM)Flowz0r Wrote: [ -> ]I had a similar problem with the program not autostarting even though it was clearly there in the autostart tab in my task manager, linking to the correct .exe too.

Solved the problem by looking through my appdata/local as well as appdata/roaming for the DS4Windows folder (or alternatively your program files folder if you chose the portable install), as well as just putting DS4W into a regedit search and getting rid of all the registry entries, then installing this version again.

Don't think there's an automated way to do that, and considering it takes less than 5 minutes, I'd say give that a shot.

Good advice! I removed all references from my registry and am now able to get a stable connection. The issue I'm having now, is that my controller is dropping out of range at my sofa, which is about 10 feet from my couch. Looks like I may need to invest in a more powerful bluetooth dongle from my Asus BT-400. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it!
@jaybot31k
For usb, probably either Kinivo and Medialink. Lots of reviews and good ratings.
http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Blu...007Q45EF4/
http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-USB-Blue...004LNXO28/

However, if you're using a desktop pc I suggest a pci-e card for better reliability and range. This one IMO is the best bang for the buck and it's what I use. Wireless-AC and BT 4.0 in one. My DS4 has never dropped connection with it and definitely has a range of 30 feet or more.
http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Bluetooth...00HF8K0O6/

It's just a Gigabyte branded Intel Wireless-AC 7260 so these drivers work for it.
Wifi drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wt...034041.htm
BT Drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wt...034060.htm
Alt Link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR...rodId=3757

Also requires a usb2.0 header for Bluetooth to function. Some reviews also say you can yank out the mini pci-e card from the pci-e adapter and use it on a laptop.
Version 1.4.231
Fixed charging light not saving (thanks tehmantra)
Truly finished Italian Translation

(02-09-2015, 12:52 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I think a mistake may have been made when trying to default the wired mode light to be off until the user presses a button (or because of the pulse option addition) because I can no longer get any lights to come on when the controller is plugged in.

Here is a vid of the first boot problem I was having a while back in which the controller kicks a game into minimize mode if it is the first time you turned on wireless mode since windows boot:

Only happens with wireless mode and only happens again after restarting and turning on wireless mode the first time again. Doesn't happen with games that are borderless fullscreen which makes me think that something from the program is stealing focus for that first time?

I'll look into that, altough I can't say I've had that happen on my end.
(02-09-2015, 09:48 PM)Sr_psycho Wrote: [ -> ]Please, add a macro for Alt+Tab on L1+PS, or with possibility of a choice of buttons personally.

I'll try to add the option to select certain marcos that are hard to record like that one. I've manually made a macro for alt tab and it's not ideal.
It for switching between applications in win 8.1.
It appears that after the latest update, my controller stopped idling.
Also, on the main tab it is listed as full battery (since it is always wired) but it keeps displaying the 'Empty' color on the controller.

Anyone having these issues?
Version 1.4.24
New Special Action: Check Battery life, choose to see the battery via a notification or via the lightbar with a gradient of your choice
Sixaxis tilting added to special action triggers
Added Special macros to be used by pressing the Load Presets button, selecting Cycle Programs allows you to hold the button to cycle through open programs, and edit the wait time to choose how long you hold the button down to go to the next program
Can now add additional recordings between macros, click in the list where you want to add
Can now delete actions in the macro by pressing delete
Fixed color by battery being inverted
Fixed bluetooth light being completely off when stopping/exiting DS4Windows
Updated translation sheets (new items highlighted in 3rd column in green for easier finding)

(02-11-2015, 03:20 PM)Sr_psycho Wrote: [ -> ]I understand, thanks!

Whether the function "upper left + click" for fast switching in win 8.1 is possible? like a Lower Right as RMB

I'm not sure if I want to do another corner action. it's kinda weird to pull off with left and right touch already existing.
(02-12-2015, 08:53 PM)Toastman Wrote: [ -> ]It appears that after the latest update, my controller stopped idling.
Also, on the main tab it is listed as full battery (since it is always wired) but it keeps displaying the 'Empty' color on the controller.

Anyone having these issues?

Just fixed this issue.
Wired light issue all good~