..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jays2Kings, i have a problem with a macro excution.
I'm trying to map "share" button to exectu ALT+F9 macro (needed for Nvidia shadowplay recording).
everytime it executes it ds4crashes.
any ideea why?

LE: has nothing to do with shadowplay. any keyboard key i'm trying to map it to (even if the key does nothing) crashes ds4windows.
I'm on windows 8.1 x64 Pro N . Tried running ds4windows as administrator but it makes no difference.
double post. sorry
Hi,

Thanks for making this product first of all!

I have the following:
- Windows 7 64 bit
- ASUS bluetooth 4.0 dongle (USB-BT400)(http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ...UTF8&psc=1).
- Using broadcomm bluetooth drivers (6.5.1.5800 from July 2014).
- Latest Xbox 360 drivers (1.2)
- Latest .NET drivers (4.5.2).
- DS4 Battery life is 70%+.
- Controller has no issues when plugged in via USB!

I'm having a weird issue with trying to connect my DS4 via bluetooth. I can get it to connect with a solid blue connection if I "Stop" DS4Windows from running and then use the following method prescribed at: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...hock_4_to/ At that point the controller is connected with a solid white connection. Once I "Start" DS4Windows it turns solid blue on the controller.

Then once I have the solid blue connection it shows up in the game controllers correctly as an xbox 360 controller. The controls respond correctly in the DS4 windows profile as well with a latency of between 1-1.5 ms. However after about 5 seconds of solid blue, the controller then begins to flash red and the latency jumps to 30 ms. This lasts about 10 seconds before it then returns to a solid blue connection with 1 to 1.5 ms of latency. The process then continues to repeat... 5 seconds blue... 10 seconds flashing red... 5 seconds blue... 10 sec etc... without any change in distance of the controller from the dongle. This cycle has continued without any input or changes from me for over 30 minutes at a time and appears that it would continue until the battery would die.

As mentioned, the controller works fine for me when plugged in via USB. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Rocksolid32
(02-19-2015, 04:03 PM)mkm316 Wrote: [ -> ]hi there Smile i just downloaded your version and i've hit a wall....i installed the drivers and everything but it wont detect my ps4 controller :/ any advice?
Are you sure you got a UAC prompt? I once had a problem with controller detection because drivers didn't get installed as DS4W website was down. If that's the case, J2K should've implemented error message pop-up for such cases long ago, especially if he can't use a more stable host for driver files.
(02-17-2015, 10:47 AM)DedSec Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to report a bug.

Settings -> Controller/Driver Setup ... If you do that, the text from the "settings" tab disappears.

Sorry if somebody already told that here or you knew about it, just wanted to help Laugh

So it does, I'll fix it in the next build. Thanks for the heads up.
(02-17-2015, 07:11 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally had a chance to run low on battery. The option for pulsing is a very fast pulse. I don't see a way to make it a slow pulse. Back in the day when it was first included (before it was changed to blinks) it was a slower pulsing effect.

Under the Hotkeys/About area, can you make a tab called cmdlines to display all of the command line options for ds4windows?

Like i said before it wasn't in before, but I'll make it a bit of a slower pulse.

(02-18-2015, 09:59 AM)iqdaj Wrote: [ -> ]It works over bth, but there's no touchpad support, which is why I made the suggestion to add the option to use SC's bluetooth stack, if possible.

Actually looking back at the matter, I see why toshiba's stack was dropped. It didn't seem the the touchpad wouldn't work right and quick disconnects/idle disconnects didn't work either. So I can't say SC's solution would work, sorry.

(02-19-2015, 04:03 PM)mkm316 Wrote: [ -> ]hi there Smile i just downloaded your version and i've hit a wall....i installed the drivers and everything but it wont detect my ps4 controller :/ any advice?
Maybe try restarting your pc, if it's still not working try reinstalling the driver from the virtual bus driver folder (the uninstall link can uninstall the driver, but not install)

(02-19-2015, 04:59 PM)Synner Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized that L2 and R2 seem to have a rather large deadzone even when set to 0. Is this a limitation of the controller itself or can that be changed? It can be an issue for throttle/brake in racing games.

Thanks for adding 'tilt to show battery level' BTW.

At 0 that's as low as it can be.
any ideea why ds4windows crashing when mapping gamepad buttons to keyboard buttons?
(02-10-2015, 11:10 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]@jaybot31k
For usb, probably either Kinivo and Medialink. Lots of reviews and good ratings.
http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Blu...007Q45EF4/
http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-USB-Blue...004LNXO28/

However, if you're using a desktop pc I suggest a pci-e card for better reliability and range. This one IMO is the best bang for the buck and it's what I use. Wireless-AC and BT 4.0 in one. My DS4 has never dropped connection with it and definitely has a range of 30 feet or more.
http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Bluetooth...00HF8K0O6/

It's just a Gigabyte branded Intel Wireless-AC 7260 so these drivers work for it.
Wifi drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wt...034041.htm
BT Drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wt...034060.htm

Also requires a usb2.0 header for Bluetooth to function. Some reviews also say you can yank out the mini pci-e card from the pci-e adapter and use it on a laptop.

@Vanquo Excellent suggestion! I picked up the Gigabye BT card you suggested (got an open box deal from newegg for $25), and my DS4 connection is running flawlessly. I now prefer it over my Xbox 360 controllers. Hopefully someone else out there who is having trouble with their Asus bluetooth dongle reads this thread.

And thank you @Jays2Kings for the great software. Keep up the good work! I'm a very happy gamer.
@J2K

Using the special action "Launch a program" I´m trying to launch a shortcut with a command-line on it.
But so far is not working.
Maybe only EXE files are enable.
Do you think is possible to add that to future versions?

I manage to disable Steam from going into BIG PICTURE automatically.
Now I want to enable it on the "Special Actions" bay launching it as a "command-line".

Also would be nice to add the "Hold for XX secs" to the "Launch a program" option.
(02-21-2015, 10:50 PM)apoklyps3 Wrote: [ -> ]any ideea why ds4windows crashing when mapping gamepad buttons to keyboard buttons?

Can you tell me exactly what's making it crash? Like what ds4 button to what key? Is it crashing immediately after setting the key or when you save the profile?

(02-22-2015, 01:12 AM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K

Using the special action "Launch a program" I´m trying to launch a shortcut with a command-line on it.
But so far is not working.
Maybe only EXE files are enable.
Do you think is possible to add that to future versions?

I manage to disable Steam from going into BIG PICTURE automatically.
Now I want to enable it on the "Special Actions" bay launching it as a "command-line".

Also would be nice to add the "Hold for XX secs" to the "Launch a program" option.

Yeah right now only the exe with no arguments or command lines are available, I can add both of those though.
Missed a few posts

(02-21-2015, 10:12 AM)apoklyps3 Wrote: [ -> ]Jays2Kings, i have a problem with a macro excution.
I'm trying to map "share" button to exectu ALT+F9 macro (needed for Nvidia shadowplay recording).
everytime it executes it ds4crashes.
any ideea why?

LE: has nothing to do with shadowplay. any keyboard key i'm trying to map it to (even if the key does nothing) crashes ds4windows.
I'm on windows 8.1 x64 Pro N . Tried running ds4windows as administrator but it makes no difference.

You need to update .NET: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=42642
(02-21-2015, 12:43 PM)Rocksolid32 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for making this product first of all!

I have the following:
- Windows 7 64 bit
- ASUS bluetooth 4.0 dongle (USB-BT400)(http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ...UTF8&psc=1).
- Using broadcomm bluetooth drivers (6.5.1.5800 from July 2014).
- Latest Xbox 360 drivers (1.2)
- Latest .NET drivers (4.5.2).
- DS4 Battery life is 70%+.
- Controller has no issues when plugged in via USB!

I'm having a weird issue with trying to connect my DS4 via bluetooth. I can get it to connect with a solid blue connection if I "Stop" DS4Windows from running and then use the following method prescribed at: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...hock_4_to/ At that point the controller is connected with a solid white connection. Once I "Start" DS4Windows it turns solid blue on the controller.

Then once I have the solid blue connection it shows up in the game controllers correctly as an xbox 360 controller. The controls respond correctly in the DS4 windows profile as well with a latency of between 1-1.5 ms. However after about 5 seconds of solid blue, the controller then begins to flash red and the latency jumps to 30 ms. This lasts about 10 seconds before it then returns to a solid blue connection with 1 to 1.5 ms of latency. The process then continues to repeat... 5 seconds blue... 10 seconds flashing red... 5 seconds blue... 10 sec etc... without any change in distance of the controller from the dongle. This cycle has continued without any input or changes from me for over 30 minutes at a time and appears that it would continue until the battery would die.

As mentioned, the controller works fine for me when plugged in via USB. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Rocksolid32

Many people seem to be have problems with ASUS dongles, Vanquo made a good post that was quoted above (And I think I'll put in the op) about a better dongle. I hate to ask you to get a new dongle, but for some reason asus dongles don't play nice with this.