..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-18-2015, 11:04 PM)mqk9999 Wrote: [ -> ]'lo, recently installed DS4Windows on a Win 8.1 laptop. I'm getting an "access is denied" error when enabling Hide DS4. Account is administrator. Any ideas/fix? Everything works fine on my Win 7 setup.

I got this on Windows 7 b4. And afterward, controller wouldn't work at all until restart. It happened randomly after long period of pc being on. My guess would be TPM in your bios in on. I've turned mine off and I haven't had the problem again (yet). So try that and see.
Whew, finally found a tutorial that fixed my bluetooth conection problem (ie: keeps shutting off and disconnecting right away). Was simple: have DS4Windows off. Be in that 'add device' menu in bluetooth options, and attempt to pair. Now, have to be quick: right click the controller there, Properties, and on the thing that pops up, there should be an unchecked box I think it said "keyboard and mouse bluetooth" or something like that: check it to tell Windows 7 to use it's own buetooth drivers, because I think it expects devices to have their own.

Works fine now (again, no help here: I found it on a french tutorial Youtbe video...: https://youtu.be/p_Hmo-06-Og?t=46 ), and plus that driver I linked to earlier, that means I can now play Starfox 64, wirelessly, with rumble--- and completley unrelated, I upgraded/cloned my OS drive to a SSD card, so I'm quite content today. ^_^

(again: with no help from any section of the pcsx2 forums... ugh, the admins/mods are useless here: I go out of my way to provide documentation to help with anybody else in the future from having the same problem I had, and because of one filename, I get a warning for it?? Idiotic.)
Hey there everyone!
I'm having a weird issue with DS4Windows and my DS4 controller. So I just got a Bluetooth adapter someone reccomended off of here and it connects to the controller just fine. All my inputs are going through and DS4Windows picks them all up accurately etc.. Now for some reason the second I try to play a game like lets say FF7 or an old Tony Hawk game on a emulator the inputs just stop going through ,but the inputs are still detected when lets say I'm pressing "cross" on a search bar which is registered to the "C" key on my keyboard. Also everything works 100% fine if I'm on a wired connection though using the same profile and same games etc.. Not really sure what's going on. Any help appreciated!
everything worked great then suddently it stopped working it lauched and everything but it just wont find my dualshock 4's reintalled 4 times still no difference, restarted pc 6 times still no difference when i slept it was, i thought maybe it needed time finding the controllers but nope, and im using micro USB, it started when i tried to connect 1 of the controllers through bluetooth pls help
(06-26-2015, 02:04 PM)yarinn4 Wrote: [ -> ]everything worked great then suddently it stopped working it lauched and everything but it just wont find my dualshock 4's reintalled 4 times still no difference, restarted pc 6 times still no difference when i slept it was, i thought maybe it needed time finding the controllers but nope, and im using micro USB, it started when i tried to connect 1 of the controllers through bluetooth pls help
I had the same problem when I connected to bluetooth and then plugged in the controller to charge. Ds4windows freaks out and does what you describe. Try uninstalling DS4windows removing the bluetooth pairing then pair the controller then reinstall and set up DS4windows.
Hello,

When I installed ds4windows a few days ago, everything worked fine. I played ffxiv with it for a few days. This morning when I tried to start ffxiv, I noticed that some of my buttons aren't working and the ones that are working, don't give the right output. When I press circle it does the action of cross, when I press triangle it does the action of circle. Cross doesn't work at all.
Another game that used to work correctly is Ori and the blind forest, but now when I square it does the action of both cross and square, when I press circle it does the action of square and circle.

i've tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the drivers for ds4windows, uninstalling scpserver, changed xinput ports (though i'm not sure what it does). I've also removed and reinstalled the drivers for the controller and used different usb ports. No idea what else I can try.

Hopefully someone can help me.

ty in advance
(06-27-2015, 01:00 PM)aeonixion Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that some of my buttons aren't working and the ones that are working, don't give the right output. When I press circle it does the action of cross, when I press triangle it does the action of circle. Cross doesn't work at all.
Another game that used to work correctly is Ori and the blind forest, but now when I square it does the action of both cross and square, when I press circle it does the action of square and circle.
Try enabling the setting 'Hide DS4 Controller'. That usually fixes the dual/wrong inputs for most games. This is mentioned in the FAQ on the main website http://ds4windows.com/
Quote:
I'm getting double input/ Weird input in some games, how do I fix it?

That's because the game tries too (though usually badly) support the DS4 on it's own. You can solve this by enabling Hide DS4 Controller in DS4Windows' settings, then connect the controller BEFORE you launch the game.

Note: same games work with the DS4 without DS4Windows (however it does use rumble etc.) Games like these can cause double input in menus (ie pressing down on the dpad moves 2 spaces) or the wrong button to do incorrect functions. To solve this, check Hide DS4 in the settings, if you see a warning in the log/text on the bottom, that means you must close said game or client that causes the conflict and reconnect the controller. (Note: Hide DS4 currently does not work in the Windows 10 Preview Build 9879 (newest build works))
Another good explanation of 'Exclusive Mode (Hide DS4 Controller Checked)' and 'Shared Mode (Hide DS4 Controller Unchecked)' from this post http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid346076
Followed the instructions to the letter but my controller isn't showing up in the controller tab, I have it plugged in with the usb cable and the controller is slowing pulsing orange but its not working?
tyy no idea why it was working before without checking that option though!
Ok I need some more help..now it doesn't work when I have that option checked either. I start ds4windows first, then start up steam and click on my game and it doesn't work :s