..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-20-2015, 01:51 AM)Vereamet Wrote: [ -> ]I've never gotten Hide DS4 to work. I've been on the Win10 technical previews, and even with nothing open, the program can't open my controller exclusively. I've tried with both Bluetooth and USB but neither will work. Pretty much any game I play either detects the inputs twice or detects the "Wireless Controller" over the Xbox 360 controller.
Windows 10 is missing a required service for 'Hide DS4' to work. It might never work again unless microsoft changes it back or some other method is discovered to make it work. Like Sony making an official driver or something... upvote this and maybe they will if enough demand it...

A user on the inputmapper forums kinda found a workaround which requires disabling the device associated with "wireless controller" in the device manager. I tried it but it was hit or miss with some games. Worked to fix Dark Souls 2 spinning camera but didn't work for Dark Souls 1 at all for example. Also Bluescreened a few times trying to disable the device sometimes...

Some discussion threads talking about this issue.
https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues/6
https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues/26
https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues/35
https://inputmapper.com/forum/4/390
https://inputmapper.com/forum/4/614
I suggest add rumble on game sounds and the rumble varries depending on the sound frequency and amplitude.

Is such a feature even possible? It would be awesome!
I don't know if these bugs have been reported or if there is a known bugs section but here are some stuff I was having a problem with:
i hope they'll get fix soon ^^.

adding custom color to any button makes weird movement on analogue. if analogue is set on mouse movement it will cease to function.
assigning a key to a button "by pressing the keyboard" will also change the one in the shift modifier tab and vise versa.
So im on windows 7, I unblocked both the driver and regular program ran as admin and uninstall ds3 drivers using scpdriver. But the controller isn't popping up. What have I done wrong?
Apparently the "Network List Service" is what's making 'Hide DS4' not work in Windows 10. Disable the service from starting and restart computer. Exclusive mode works again. Info from inputmapper forum https://inputmapper.com/forum/4/614?start=10

Of course this is just a workaround. Disabling this service has some downsides... googling what this service does, it seems pretty minor though.

edit: yeah breaks the start menu search... I don't use search from there much anyway... and start menu still has its own bugs...
I just did that and it works! however, it seems that now I can't type in the start menu to search for programs. possibly unrelated, but not sure.

edit: also seems that now sometimes when clicking the start menu, it flashes open and closed in the top left corner of my screen. may take a few clicks to actually open it normally
The delevoper on the same forum https://inputmapper.com/forum/4/614?start=20 just posted a workaround. Rather than disable the Network List Service you can set a static ip address rather than use DHCP. This will allow Cortana/Start Menu and InputMapper to be able to work at the same time in exclusive mode.
Again very late updates, sorry about this but there is an update today. As most of you already know about Windows 10, Hide DS4 doesn't work, (though I see that you all found a hacky workaround, it's a start). This update will make it more known that the feature currently does not work. As seen so far this isn't too much i can do on my end to fix this, but i''ll still keep looking around.

Also I haven't gotten around to adding/updating the translations and the sheets, possibly tomorrow i'll update the sheets as well as the the current translations.

Anyway here's update 1.4.265
Flash Lightbar when at high latency now has the option to choose what you decide is high latency
Show Notifications now has the option to only show warnings, such as when a controller cannot be grabbed exclusively
Speaking of bad news for Windows 10 users: Hide DS4 has now been disabled, until i can figure out why this is, it will be disabled, this means some games that rely on this may not work properly or at all, sorry about that
As for good news for Windows 10, did you know you can press Windows + G to open a game bar which can record games. For Windows 10 users, there's a new special action: Xbox Game DVR. Pick a trigger (only one button) and tapping/holding/or double tapping does various things, such as start/stop recording, save an ongoing recording, take a screenshot (via the xbox app's option or your own hotkey ie form steam), or just open the gamebar
Much of the code has been updated with c# 6.0

I'm fixing a few things before i release this, but you should expect it by the end of the day, if not tomorrow.
(07-30-2015, 11:36 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Again very late updates, sorry about this but there is an update today. As most of you already know about Windows 10, Hide DS4 doesn't work, (though I see that you all found a hacky workaround, it's a start). This update will make it more known that the feature currently does not work. As seen so far this isn't too much i can do on my end to fix this, but i''ll still keep looking around.

Also I haven't gotten around to adding/updating the translations and the sheets, possibly tomorrow i'll update the sheets as well as the the current translations.

Anyway here's update 1.4.265
Flash Lightbar when at high latency now has the option to choose what you decide is high latency
Show Notifications now has the option to only show warnings, such as when a controller cannot be grabbed exclusively
Speaking of bad news for Windows 10 users: Hide DS4 has now been disabled, until i can figure out why this is, it will be disabled, this means some games that rely on this may not work properly or at all, sorry about that
As for good news for Windows 10, did you know you can press Windows + G to open a game bar which can record games. For Windows 10 users, there's a new special action: Xbox Game DVR. Pick a trigger (only one button) and tapping/holding/or double tapping does various things, such as start/stop recording, save an ongoing recording, take a screenshot (via the xbox app's option or your own hotkey ie form steam), or just open the gamebar

I'm fixing a few things before i release this, but you should expect it by the end of the day, if not tomorrow.

I really hope you figure this out soon, I can't even play Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2 without a DS4 controller. Best of luck!
Version 1.4.267
Fixes for adding programs to auto profiles

Version 1.4.266
Added manifest so DS4Windows can notice Windows 10 and high DPIs, also reorganized files