..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I am having issues with DS4 controller working on some programs, but not on others. For example, it works almost perfectly on VisualBoyAdvance-M, but when I go to aim in diagonals in a game like Metroid Fusion, I may want to aim up or aim straight, but Samus will keep moving and aiming in a diagonal direction until I release a every direction on the d-pad, a problem I didn't have with the latest beta of the abandoned VisualBoyAdvance. (which I'd rather not use)

Then, on ePSXE, I can seem to get it to work on the controller configuration screen just fine, but when I start up the game, nothing happens.

For both of these, I have "Hide DS4 Controller" turned on. It used to work fine in ePSXE before as long as nothing else was plugged in, but now it just doesn't want to work in the games themselves for some reason.

P.S. I am using Windows 7.
(02-12-2016, 06:45 AM)OminaeYu Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having problems with exclusive mode again with Windows 10?

Using the Windows 10 x64 1511 10586.104

So I'm the only one ?
Any chance you could add deadzone config for swipe controls on the touchpad?
Macros are broken, it only works when "Record Delays" is checked. It also always go back to "Play once", so "Repeat while held" cannot be used.
(01-09-2016, 08:32 PM)ekzor Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the great drivers/UI!

I'm experiencing a recurring (and repeatable) problem with DS4Windows where putting my computer into Standby (S3) causes the "XBOX 360 Controller" device, which is being emulated by DS4W, to disappear. The only way to make it come back is to reboot my computer; restarting DS4W, unpairing/re-pairing, plugging in the controller, and even moving my bluetooth dongle to a different USB port have no impact. Note also that I unpair the controller before going into Standby, so the XBOX 360 Controller device isn't even present at the time, but it just won't come back when I wake up my computer and pair the controller.

Some interesting notes for when this is happening:

- The default Wireless Controller device appears and actually works properly after I pair. Once I run DS4Windows, the Wireless Controller device stops working but its XBOX 360 Controller replacement doesn't show up.

- The DS4Windows app correctly detects and receives input from my controller (Edit: forgot to mention that i can see my lightbar change to my custom colour and my custom bindings, like what I use to disconnect the controller, work)

- The trackpad mouse on the controller still works

It's just the actual game controller device that vanishes after standby, and nothing will bring it back except for a full reboot.

Fake edit: I just tested killing DS4W before standby and it appears that this stops the problem from happening, but I might sometimes forget to close the program and then the only fix is a full reboot. Ideally your app would just run in the background without needing to be tinkered with; I'm definitely not going to remember to close it every night before bed Sad

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and an IOGEAR GBU521 bluetooth dongle (BCM920702 Bluetooth 4.0 chipset), and I run DS4W in admin mode. I used to run SCP Server with my DS3 (same OS & BT dongle) and this wasn't an issue, so I don't suspect it's my hardware causing this problem.

I've found a temporary fix for this problem. After waking up the computer and before you log back in, turn on the controller and let it connect via BT. This way after you log in, you might still have the controller in a working state.

Please test.
(09-29-2015, 09:59 PM)echan42 Wrote: [ -> ]Devices and Printers shows two controllers "Wireless Controller" and "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" is this a common missconfiguration issue?
Also when charging over USB I have 2 Wireless controllers and one Xbox360.

i had this issue as well, since ds4 battery not as good as ds3 i have to charge it very often when using BT, the problem is when i connect micro-usb cable it show 2 "wireless controller", if i click hide it only hide one, which make the game detect double button press.. any fix yet?
Hello, I am wondering what to do, whenever I start up the program it just doesn't run. The process is there for a moment but it shuts itself down. My OS is Win7 and I tried putting it compatibility mode and run as admin, any help will be appreciated
(02-22-2016, 03:19 AM)jeffqchen Wrote: [ -> ]I've found a temporary fix for this problem. After waking up the computer and before you log back in, turn on the controller and let it connect via BT. This way after you log in, you might still have the controller in a working state.

Please test.

My computer does not log me out when I go into standby, so I cannot test this.

I actually came back here to post a new finding with regards to the standby problem I posted earlier (the one jeffqchen was responding to): I reinstalled windows the other day, and now I cannot repeat the controller device disappearing. Granted I've only had one opportunity to test it; I noticed DS4Windows was still open this morning and gave it a shot. It was happening 100% of the time with my previous installation.

It is reassuring that other people have experienced it though.
I can't get exclusive mode working in Windows 10 without disabling the DHCP service

If I disable the DHCP service the windows store and windows update don't work. Is there any workaround for this? The thing that closes and opens explorer.exe doesn't let it connect in exclusive mode for me
I love DS4Windows for what I can use it for, but I'm wondering why mouse inputs dont work on anything except for the touchpad, I have all 4 directions listed bound on my Right Stick but there is no mouse movement to be had. I also am wondering why the Toggle option when selecting a mapping never actually works, I want to toggle shift on or off when I press R3 for crouching in certain games. Any help is appreciated