..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting an error every time I try to install the 360 controller driver I downloaded from Microsoft's website. All it says is an unexpected error has occured. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.
Hey there,

Having a really tough time getting this to work properly, can't figure out what the problem is at all.

Running Windows 7, had little problem installing the drivers, etc. At first, DS4W would show my controller under the Controllers tab, with the color of the lightbar, etc. Tried running Fallout 4, and after a minute or so, the controller would just disconnect, and the game would freeze up until I disconnected the controller. Trying to reconnect it made the game immediately freeze again.

The Controllers tab will now show me no information except the USB symbol, I can't change the lightbar color or see the battery information. I don't know if it's another program messing with the controller but the only way to get it to stop behaving like this is to restart the computer or reinstall the drivers over and over, only to have it disconnect and be unhelpful afterward.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'm about at my wits end!
(09-03-2016, 04:34 AM)GlaucusAtlanticus Wrote: [ -> ]Running Windows 7, had little problem installing the drivers, etc. At first, DS4W would show my controller under the Controllers tab, with the color of the lightbar, etc. Tried running Fallout 4, and after a minute or so, the controller would just disconnect, and the game would freeze up until I disconnected the controller. Trying to reconnect it made the game immediately freeze again.
Fallout 4 supports DS4 natively, you don't need DS4Windows for it. If you still want to use DS4Windows for games that support both DirectInput and Xinput like Fallout 4/Rocket League does, you will need to enable "Hide DS4 Controller" option. This hides the DirectInput part of DualShock 4 and makes games see it as a single emulated Xbox360 Xinput controller. Otherwise the game will see both DirectInput and Xinput modes and wig out or cause double inputs.

Other games that support DS4 natively http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:...t_in_games

Of course the other reasons you would still want to use DS4Windows with these games that already support DS4 is for the customization, trackpad, lightbar, vibration, etc. If you only want simple controls then just don't use any Xinput wrapper software like this.
Hi. I've got a small problem with DS4Windows.  After a recent windows 10 update I am unable do get the controller to work in exclusive mode. Before the update I was able to hide the controller by closing steam/uplay etc. Now DS4windows shows the error message even right after a clean reboot. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Are there any other programs that might interfere with the tool? If not - how  do I do a clean reinstall - do I need to clean the registry etc.?
DS4WINDOWS restarted my computer and now my keyboard and mouse aren't working. I can't control the computer at all. How do I fix this?
(09-14-2016, 06:51 PM)machinimastone Wrote: [ -> ]DS4WINDOWS restarted my computer and now my keyboard and mouse aren't working. I can't control the computer at all. How do I fix this?

Ifu installed the BT drivers and your KB/M are BT then that's tour issue.
I installed all drivers, but my keyboard and mouse are USB. My desktop doesn't even have bluetooth capabilities. I didn't even know they made bluetooth keyboard and mice.
(09-14-2016, 07:03 PM)machinimastone Wrote: [ -> ]I installed all drivers, but my keyboard and mouse are USB. My desktop doesn't even have bluetooth capabilities. I didn't even know they made bluetooth keyboard and mice.

Hmm. Could he an issue with your chipset/USB bus drivers. If tou unplug and or relocate to new ports the devices does your PC make the hardware plug in sounds and try to load drivers
Yes, it made the sounds. I can't boot all the way into Windows anymore because a menu with two options comes up telling me that the computer wasn't shut down correctly and I can't press anything to continue because the keyboard and mouse don't work. I tried several keyboards and several mice as well. I even replaced the USB ports trying to fix the problem.
Hi I downloaded all the necessary things but and when I TEST the controller it works perfect its just when I start playing DS3 it just does not work (appart from the touchpad) I read every single comment and closed all programs like nividia and steam, hide controller option, disconnected controller several times, together with shutting down laptop to try different ways and NO MATTER WHAT it just keeps coming up in the LOGS Screen that ''You must quit other applications...'' Im not sure what to do ?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE