..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-14-2016, 07:16 PM)machinimastone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it made the sounds. I can't boot all the way into Windows anymore because a menu with two options comes up telling me that the computer wasn't shut down correctly and I can't press anything to continue because the keyboard and mouse don't work. I tried several keyboards and several mice as well. I even replaced the USB ports trying to fix the problem.

It sounds suspiciously like your USB bus drivers have gone funky which typically has nothing to do with any of the tools. Sounds like a Windows update may have bunked some of the drivers up. Have you tried safe mode?
I never do Windows updates. I have them disabled and my computer very rarely shuts off, only when it's forced to do so by a program. I have no idea how to boot into safe mode. I read online to tap, hold, mash F5, F8, F11, F12, but nothing seems to bring up such an option.
(09-14-2016, 07:47 PM)machinimastone Wrote: [ -> ]I never do Windows updates. I have them disabled and my computer very rarely shuts off, only when it's forced to do so by a program. I have no idea how to boot into safe mode. I read online to tap, hold, mash F5, F8, F11, F12, but nothing seems to bring up such an option.

ive been operating under the assumption that u were on win10. What OS are you on?
It is indeed Windows 10.
Win 10 may be installing drivers/updates regardless then. It has a habbit of doing that. Win 10 loves to install outdated GPU drivers on my machine.
Still don't know how to fix it. I've had Windows 10 since the very first preview came out and never had an issue like this. Once DS4Windows restarted my computer, it hasn't worked since.
Sorry for repeating the question but my post got burried: how do I do a clean reinstall of ds4windows on a windows 10 machine (since a recent update I can't get it to work in exclusive mode)
Hi there, I would like to know if in few update there is a chance to make the jack connector usable ?
Otherwise I love this software, so useful for me [Image: thumbsup.gif]
Seems like people don't like to read older posts in here. Like people on Reddit not reading the article and going straight to the comments section to post... If you're on latest Windows 10 version and have trouble with exclusive mode. The answer on why and how to workaround the problem was already posted a few pages back. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Window...#pid530929

Here's the tool to make exclusive mode work for Windows 10: https://inputmapper.com/downloads/downlo...-mode-tool

Regarding Windows Update and drivers here's some regtweaks to to disable driver updates. Just put them in a .REG file.

If you're on Windows 10 Pro this registry tweak is the same as toggling the option in Group Policy:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]

"ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001

Add these reg tweaks for good measure. These worked to disable drivers from being included  in updates before they added the group policy option:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching]
"SearchOrderConfig"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Device Metadata]
"PreventDeviceMetadataFromNetwork"=dword:00000001

If you have Win 10 Pro you can set updates to notify before download in Group Policy instead of automatic downloads. This lets you download updates manually but it will still notify you when updates are available. In Home version you can do this reg tweak for the same thing:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
"AUOptions"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
"AUOptions"=dword:00000002

You will probably need to restart your computer after using any of these registry tweaks for them to apply.

To enable the old F8 boot options in Windows 10. Run command prompt with admin privileges and type:
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

This lets you mash F8 during boot and it will bring up the boot menu with safe mode like older windows.

To reverse that setting:
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard
Heyho! Got a problem with DS4Windows and couldn't find any solution anywhere.

It works perfectly and smoothly, I play Witcher 1 with the program. But: After approximately 30 minutes, every time my controls switch drastically. And with Switch I don't mean that the profile changes, but my controls from mouse and keyboard won't work properly anymore.

What happens:
- I can't write anything anymore with my keyboard, pressing letters and numbers will lead to no reaction
- Pressing "ESC" either acts as if I hit the windows key, or as if I hit "Alt + Tab" and switches through my opened apps.
- Clicking a link in a browser with my left mouse button downloads the links adress as *.htm file, instead of opening it.

Mostly I have to restart the PC to regain the normal controls. Last time I had the issue all I had to do was quit DS4 Windows to regain them. But that was just once enough.

Anyone any idea? I already checked "Hide DS4 Controller" in the preferences, but that wasn't the problem. Besides the 30 Minutes everything runs perfectly...