..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2-r5875.exe stopped working...help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys,there is a big problem right here -.-,i installed pcsx2 today for the first time,but when i open the folder "pcsx2-r5875.exe" it says:"pcsx2-r5875.exe stoppedworking".
what should i do? Sad((((((((((( plz help Excl
Please post the following:
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Also, do you have all the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages installed?

And I suggest you install PCSX2 somewhere outside of your 'My Documents' folder, so somewhere like C:\PCSX2 instead.
I also have the same problem. I just bought a new laptop. Installed the newest version of Pcsx2. I have the bios, and the plugins set. But no matter what i do the program crashes. I have tried running as administrator, compatibility mode, nothing works. I do have the most up to date DirectX. Also the Visual C++ package installed. And the log doesn't show anything. I can't capture it cause the whole program goes away.

Here are my specs

Lenovo y-50

Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel Cor I5-4200H CP @2.8 GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
System Type: 64-bit
Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 860M

For Pcsx2 Settings:

Plugins:
GS - GSdx32-AVX (note that when i change to a higher version i sometimes get this warning in the log box "[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2\plugins\xpad.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: C:\Users\Steven\Desktop\PCSX2\plugins\xpad.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.) not sure if this is a factor

Pad - LilyPad

SPU2-X 2.0.0 (linear and direct sound)

CDVD - Linuz ISO CDVD

the rest Null

I am trying to play CVS2. Which i have the ISO file

I would really like the help as well
Do not rudely hijack someone else's thread
I did not mean to "hijack" the thread. I have the same problem and found some one who also has the same problem. I am hoping that either could help.
Tou're preventing people from helping the OP.
That is rude and unfair.

Please open your own thread
I didnt realize that. I figured that since it was the same problem it would help the OP as well. But I will open a new thread in any case.