..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Please help! What's the best GSDX for my processor!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What gsdx plugin is the most compatiable with a AMD A6 APU processor. Windows 8.1 Highest direct x and all. please help
(10-19-2014, 12:54 AM)I am John Snow Wrote: [ -> ]What gsdx plugin is the most compatiable with a AMD A6 APU processor. Windows 8.1 Highest direct x and all. please help

AVX(Advanced Vector Extensions)
well, it varies according to the games you play becasue of the architecture of emulation every games dont have similar features but, avx will give better results for most of the games.. Biggrin
(10-19-2014, 01:06 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]AVX(Advanced Vector Extensions)

What's the difference between AVX and AVX2 for GSdx? I got an AVX2 showing up.
(10-19-2014, 12:05 PM)xRyudo Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference between AVX and AVX2 for GSdx? I got an AVX2 showing up.

because your CPU supports AVX2 instruction set.
AFAIK, there's no real difference ATM.
I think the benchmark of nobbs and blyss showed that avx2 can be a significant improve using many threads.

Edit: Yes it is written here
Shortform:
If you use extra rendering threads it doesn't matter which plugin you use except for AVX2 that gives a significant boost. (SSE2 = SSSE3 = SSE4.1 = AVX < AVX2)

If you don't use extra rendering threads the newer instruction sets yield higher performance.. (SSE2 < SSSE3 < SSSE4.1 < AVX < AVX2)

So if you consider using software mode and your cpu supports AVX2 you should really use it.
AVX2 and SSE4.1 are the best for hardware. AVX2 is the best for software. Thus, use AVX2 if you can.