..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this is my current spec:
G2030 3.0Ghz
4gb 1333mhz ram
gt 9400 1GB
16 inch monitor(1366x768)

I get to run ff12 without D3D Enhancement smoothly...if i use D3D i stil get to run it smoothly wif minor unnoticeable speed down but a major speed down on menu(aprox. 40%speed).As u can see im using an extreme old gpu...so i plan to get a r7 250x...i wonder if i can run ff12(also other game) with D3D internal res:1270x720(at least)smoothly with that card?

If any of u noe...pls tel me wat is the max resolution i can use for tat card
(11-01-2014, 04:57 PM)KSetsuna Wrote: [ -> ]this is my current spec:
G2030 3.0Ghz
4gb 1333mhz ram
gt 9400 1GB
16 inch monitor(1366x768)

I get to run ff12 without D3D Enhancement smoothly...if i use D3D i stil get to run it smoothly wif minor unnoticeable speed down but a major speed down on menu(aprox. 40%speed).As u can see im using an extreme old gpu...so i plan to get a r7 250x...i wonder if i can run ff12(also other game) with D3D internal res:1270x720(at least)smoothly with that card?

If any of u noe...pls tel me wat is the max resolution i can use for tat card
i would say you will get slowdowns above 3xnative in most of the games and upgrading the gpu might give a little speed boost but, if you want a dramatic increase in fps it's better to get a processor like g3258 if you have money go for a i3,i5. and, the question about running ff12 smoothly is depended on the cpu power mostly, i guess you could do well in 3xnative for that game with 250x and a g2030.
Dont go higher than native with that gpu if you want near smooth gameplay.
(11-01-2014, 05:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Dont go higher than native with that gpu if you want near smooth gameplay.

well, the op mentioned that whether 250x could play it at high resolutions not the current one which he has. and the 250x will be good to play around 2x-3x native but, i assume the processor will slow it down at cases of higher internal resolution so if he prefers accurate and smooth play as jes said it's better at native or 2x native for some less demanding games....
(11-01-2014, 05:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Dont go higher than native with that gpu if you want near smooth gameplay.

i can go perfectly well if it is on native(in game 80-105fps,in case u dun noe 100%speed=60fps)... Laugh
(11-02-2014, 08:58 AM)KSetsuna Wrote: [ -> ]i can go perfectly well if it is on native(in game 80-105fps,in case u dun noe 100%speed=60fps)... Laugh

as i said , 3x will be pretty enough on 250x.
(11-01-2014, 05:03 PM)s.sakash Wrote: [ -> ]i would say you will get slowdowns above 3xnative in most of the games and upgrading the gpu might give a little speed boost but, if you want a dramatic increase in fps it's better to get a processor like g3258 if you have money go for a i3,i5. and, the question about running ff12 smoothly is depended on the cpu power mostly, i guess you could do well in 3xnative for that game with 250x and a g2030.

1)does that means getting i5 pair with 250x,i can play all ps2 games,or should I seek for a better graphic card?(the two gpu i felt it is worth a buy is 250x or 270)

2)is 3xnative the max i can run?or stil can go on higher resolution?

3)wil pcsx2 use turbo boost?(this stuck in my head for a long time...wat trigger turbo boost???wil turbo boost run for a program to work 100% or turbo boost only appear when multi tasking and lack of power to task???)

4)it seem like all my game having the same problem having speed down only on menu....(tried on kingdom hearts 1 oso)

nvm if there is any question u dun noe the answer...thanks
(11-02-2014, 09:12 AM)KSetsuna Wrote: [ -> ]does that means getting i5 pair with 250x,i can play all ps2 games,or should I seek for a better graphic card?(the two gpu i felt it is worth a buy is 250x or 270)

another question,wil pcsx2 use turbo boost?(this stuck in my head for a long time...wat trigger turbo boost???wil turbo boost run for a program to work 100% or turbo boost only appear when multi tasking and lack of power to task???)

turbo boost will be triggered automatically when a program is in need of raw power and yes getting an i5 like 4670k with a 250x will make you play most games well.
(11-02-2014, 09:19 AM)s.sakash Wrote: [ -> ]turbo boost will be triggered automatically when a program is in need of raw power and yes getting an i5 like 4670k with a 250x will make you play most games well.

repost(edited):

1)does that means getting i5 pair with 250x,i can play all ps2 games,or should I seek for a better graphic card?(the two gpu i felt it is worth a buy is 250x or 270)

2)is 3xnative the max i can run?or stil can go on higher resolution?

3)wil pcsx2 use turbo boost?(this stuck in my head for a long time...wat trigger turbo boost???wil turbo boost run for a program to work 100% or turbo boost only appear when multi tasking and lack of power to task???)

4)it seem like all my game having the same problem having speed down only on menu....(tried on kingdom hearts 1 oso the same issue any idea y?)

nvm if there is any question u dun noe the answer...thanks for all the answer Laugh
well as i said before you can go above 3xnative but, possibly you will lose smooth and accurate gameplay.
Pages: 1 2