..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Why do I get low speed in SoC in this condition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shadow of Colossus
Just curious...I can play the game at constant full speed but I wanted to try hitting the limit on my new pc.

If I set the scaling mode to 6x,4\7 rendering threads and enable mtvu,I get ~35fps at the title screen in HW and a little lower in SW mode.

The cpu usage is 50%(HT may show 50% while it's actually 100% but I've seen it at 100% on all cores while converting videos)for 3 cores and 3 virtual ones
The gpu usage is high only in sw mode(weird)but I get more speed in hw mode
In SW mode the EE is ~50% and VU is ~40% and in HW mode the EE is again ~50% but the VU is ~60%
And one more weird thing...in sw mode,the speedstep set the cpu speed to 1.0-3.5ghz but in hw mode it's between 3.5-3.9Ghz

PS.Just notest that my posts count is exactly like the cpu name Laugh
disable intel speedstep and use vu cycle stealing. also, don't use 6x native, as it's completely pointless
Yeah, SoTC basically requires VU stealing. It was designed for this game, in fact.
That's was not the point of my question.
It was,why do I get low speed if nothing is saying that either the cpu\gpu is slowing the speed
Because of delays that you can't see. Cross thread delays, delays in the internal emulation stuff(which is what VU stealing helps with), etc.
Hmm,ok...my hidden goal was actually to make the cpu fan to actually start spinning faster when the temp go above the set value(which is 70C by default).
The test was not good enough to make the cpu go above 70C but converting videos does increase the temp

I'm trying things in the bios but the speed is still low while the temp is ~80C
SotC is a special case. What you see is common with it - low speed without having your hardware maxed out. It's because of the weird way it works.

As far as a fan curve, have you tried setting the fan to 100% all the time in BIOS to see if it will respond?

Also, are you sure you plugged(or they who built your PC) the CPU fan into a controllable fan header?
I don't see such option(to make it always run at 100%)
There are 4 modes(no idea what they actually mean...3 of them)...turbo,standard,silent,manual.

No matter which of those 3 I choose,speccy always shows between 900-1070
Manual allows me to set the temp at which the fan to start spinning at ?? percentage(it's set to 100%)
I tried setting it to 60C(which I can easily reach)but it was still the same.

The cpu is located like this...90mm case fan at the back which is draining the hot air from the cpu(the air is almost always cold)and above the cpu,there is 120mm fan for the psu.

I didn't assemble the pc but I did open it to connect other hardware and saw that everything is connected correctly.

Also,when I turn on the pc,the fan speed goes directly to 2500(making a lot of noise for 3-4 seconds)and then drops to 900.

I can actually hear the fan spinning faster but it's nowhere near the noise I get from 2500rpm
use manual if you want to set the fan speed

I still don't know why you want to have your pc sound like a vacuum cleaner f
I don't,I just don't want the cpu to run at high temp while the fan is taking his time to spin at a low speed
Pages: 1 2