..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GPU upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Specs:
Athlon II x2 250 @ 3.00Ghz
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
GPU: I changed from GT240 1gb to GTX 750 2gb DDR5
I Stoppped playing Snake Eater since inside the base is almost unplayable.
Should I expect some gain in performance with this new GPU?

Avoid comments like "get a 5 trillion dollars cpu" please.

Thanks! Happy
(12-16-2014, 11:52 PM)peroncho11 Wrote: [ -> ]Specs:
Athlon II x2 250 @ 3.00Ghz
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
GPU: I changed from GT240 1gb to GTX 750 2gb DDR5
I Stoppped playing Snake Eater since inside the base is almost unplayable.
Should I expect some gain in performance with this new GPU?

Avoid comments like "get a 5 trillion dollars cpu" please.

Thanks! Happy

You definitely will see some improvement. That CPU is better off as paperweight though, since most games rely heavily on the CPU side Tongue
MGS is one of those games coornio.

There really won't be much of an improvement.
I don't know what your budget is or if you are determinded to stay in your socket, but you can always try to go with a triple core > 3.4 ghz Athlon. Not a perfect setup, but it is still an improvement. No gaurantees that Metal Gear will run full speed. The gpu upgrade is a good help but not as much as you are expecting.
That anthlon x2 is boo. I had an x4 years ago and it was ok but really nothing compared to current cpu. Hate to be a buzz kill but really your cpu will be the limiting factor.
GPU ain't gonna help here.

Quote:Avoid comments like "get a 5 trillion dollars cpu" please.

That is unfortunately basically telling us not to tell you the one thing that will help.
Yeah, you'll need a new cpu.
their is an budget I5 available in the market .
like 2500 non k version . that will be good for you .
as others said, there won't be much improvement but, you could get a cheap cpu like g3258 which will play pcsx2 quite well when, overclocked.
Why do you keep suggesting Intel where he would need to expend money in motherboard as well (actually forcing a complete machine rebuild)? his current motherboard should allow the upgrade to a FX 6300 (a great cost/benefit CPU for the budget) which should be a real boon in PC games and make playable many PS2 emulated games even if some would ask for speedhacks.
Pages: 1 2