..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Picking up where ZeroGS left off on DX plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know someone is working on the ZeroGS OpenGL plugin but has anyone taken up the call for the DirectX plugin?

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it. There's a few problems I wouldn't mind fixing right off the bat (full screen mode and hide the "wall of hack" to name a few) and get a quick build out.

Please advise.
Hmm, if you really want to help emulation, then you'd best take a look at the gsdx hardware renderers.
Also the window handling in gsdx (crashes on minimizing), or good support for Anti Aliasing would be nice.

With ZeroGS however, you'd have a whole lot of bugfixing to do... Tongue2
mine's never crashed when I minimized it. had it crash maxamizing it though
Fixing a few minor things in ZeroGS might be a good way to get my feet wet. I've been talking to Gabest and getting his permission to help out with some of the grunt work. I'm waiting to hear back from him on a few questions so some minor ZeroGS fixes would be something to do in the meantime.
I may have spoke too soon. bah!

With the project compiled and running as devel, the ZeroGS plugin just asserts in Zerogs.cpp line 1494
LOAD_VS(pvsshaders[i], pvs[2*i], VS_VER);

Is it possible the ZeroGS tip is broken? It doesn't seem to be the same working plugin included with 0.9.6.
That's possible of course. No one uses it much, except some die hard fans Tongue2
Well, just assume broken code when something asserts...
Well, if you trying to run debug build than it's obvious what is brocken: shader file path is made for Zerofrog comp. It's hardcoded, yes.

If you want to fix something, than try to fix interlacing. Deinterlacing just don't to what it is supposed to do -- shader file incorrect, deinterlacing texture coordinates maybe incorrect and pixel offset to odd/even frames susctract before 4:3 screen transformation, so it's don't working to.
(03-15-2009, 01:55 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you trying to run debug build than it's obvious what is brocken: shader file path is made for Zerofrog comp. It's hardcoded, yes.

If you want to fix something, than try to fix interlacing. Deinterlacing just don't to what it is supposed to do -- shader file incorrect, deinterlacing texture coordinates maybe incorrect and pixel offset to odd/even frames susctract before 4:3 screen transformation, so it's don't working to.

That was just the clue I was looking for. I've got it working now. The path used to be hard coded but it's not anymore. I needed to uncomment the #define RELEASE_TO_PUBLIC define. Not really sure what commenting this out does. I guess it's used to build the shaders.

Since I'm just a noob,Wacko it will take a bit of time to understand this projects framework and concepts.

This is real cool. I can run a game a step through the code of the plugin. woot! Laugh