..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How does overclocking affect the performance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My i5 4210U laptop is able to overclock up to 2.7ghz.

I am playing KH2 in full speed except in some graphically more refined maps, but if I overclock my cores, will it significantly have differences?

Also....I can't see the names of Heartless
Overclock that CPU? You mean turbo boost right? Pretty sure it can't overclock.

But yes, you will see a linear increase in performance with overclocking and PCSX2(assuming you are CPU bound, which most of us are).
(01-23-2015, 09:46 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Overclock that CPU? You mean turbo boost right? Pretty sure it can't overclock.

But yes, you will see a linear increase in performance with overclocking and PCSX2(assuming you are CPU bound, which most of us are).

It'll automatically boost to around 2.5-2.6ghz
Oh yeah turbo boost, sorry I should have been clear.

Yes it says it boost up to 2.7ghz
It's already boosting to 2.5ghz or so because that's the max it can do when using more than one core.
Pretty sure you can't overclock that model. Throttlestop might help you get better speeds though.
depending if its done past what the cpu can take
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.