..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX Best config??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I've been tweaking the configs in PCSX2 for best performance in Final Fantasy X.
When using x2 cycle speed hack, I get around 40fps framerate. But the CGI cutscenes are fine.

When using x3 cycle rate I get framerate of 50 - 60 fps. But the sound in CG cutscenes becomes bad.

Any way to fix this problem? ^_^
Yes. x2 and x3 Cycle Rates will break the FMV's for sure. Disable it, and the FMV's are fine.

When a FMV started->ESC->Speedhack->change it to 1.5/default->watch->change it again.

The other way is to get proper cpu power to play it without speedhacks beyound 1.5.
(03-15-2009, 12:28 AM)yunsabit Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. x2 and x3 Cycle Rates will break the FMV's for sure. Disable it, and the FMV's are fine.

When a FMV started->ESC->Speedhack->change it to 1.5/default->watch->change it again.

The other way is to get proper cpu power to play it without speedhacks beyound 1.5.

Will that mean I will need to use Save states to get back the position I was in the FMV?

Also, Is there a guide for 0.9.6 yet for getting the full potential of your CPU. I have an AMD Quad-Core Phenom..
No, while pressing ESC in the FMV you can change it.

Then simple go to run>execute. the FMV starts from the same place it was.

"Full potential"; Well, oc it to the max as possible, enable MTGS. That's the best you can do. Also playing at native resolution(gpu plugin) gives you better fps.