..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Really Slow, Need help please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am running PCSX2 Version 1.2.1 and I am having a ton of issues, when I open up ratchet and clank up your arsenal I can play at full speed but with tons of graphics rendering issues, and when I turn on software rendering (F9) as proposed in other threads the game speed drops to 30 frames in slow motion. I am not sure what I should do.

PC Build
I7-4770k 3.5Ghz
Corsair Sniper 16GB 2400 Clock Speed
Nvidia GTX 770 2GB
Win 7 Ulti 64-bit
Set 3 extra sw rendering threads
(02-01-2015, 06:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Set 3 extra sw rendering threads

I don't know what you mean by that, sorry , real new to the emulators
(02-01-2015, 06:51 AM)LogicHorizon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what you mean by that, sorry , real new to the emulators

Actually you should start at 3 threads and while the game is running keep increasing it and leave it whatever number gives you the highest fps. i7's usually do best with 5 or 6.

It's under config -> video -> plugin settings

For rachet and clank you might also need to set ee cycle rate to 2 or 3 under emulation settings -> speedhacks. MTVU can help too.
(02-01-2015, 06:55 AM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]Actually you should start at 3 threads and while the game is running keep increasing it and leave it whatever number gives you the highest fps. i7's usually do best with 5 or 6.

It's under config -> video -> plugin settings

For rachet and clank you might also need to set ee cycle rate to 2 or 3 under emulation settings -> speedhacks. MTVU can help too.

So I've done that and it improved it a little, but still getting audio lag, some graphics issues and frames are around 45 with the game slowing down intermittently
So the game is playable after a little playing with it but still slows down quite frequently, I just don't understand how with the kind of hardware I have this thing can't handle it.
(02-01-2015, 07:20 AM)LogicHorizon Wrote: [ -> ]So the game is playable after a little playing with it but still slows down quite frequently, I just don't understand how with the kind of hardware I have this thing can't handle it.

Because the ps2 had a ridiculous fillrate for it's time(2.5x the original xbox and almost 4x the gamecube) and it's very hard to match that on a cpu. Remember, gpus are purpose built to run graphics as fast as possible, while your cpu has to be decent at everything.

Do you have all the speedhacks set to what I said?

If so, I would recommend you overclock your cpu, it is the unlocked version after all.
Not many PCs can handle R&C it's not your pc at fault.

I have the same clockspeed-ish (3.3) and even setting extra threads doesn't help much
(02-01-2015, 07:20 AM)LogicHorizon Wrote: [ -> ]So the game is playable after a little playing with it but still slows down quite frequently, I just don't understand how with the kind of hardware I have this thing can't handle it.
Try overclocking your pc and what are the EE and GS values during slowdown ?