..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Building a new (high end) rig and want your input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My old rig has died (the one in my sig) and I am sad..... but I am looking to build a new rig and want to know if you believe it can run most (if not all) games at full speed. I welcome any comments good or bad:

Mobo: ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel
NewEgg Link

GPU: XFX Black Edition Double D R9-280X-TDBD Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit
NewEgg Link

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (the goal is to OC it to between 4.3 and 4.5 GHz if possible)
NewEgg Link

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
NewEgg Link

Any thoughts or comments? I am willing to spend around $1500 USD on the entire rig because I do emulation of many systems (GC, Wii, PS2, DS, etc) so money is not a huge factor but I do want to stay within budget Smile

Thanks in advance!
That graphics card is a bad deal. You can get good quality 280X's(with better coolers too) for less than $250, or a 290 for the same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...ageSize=30

Personally I'd go with one of the gigabyte or msi cards. I've heard good things about sapphire's coolers though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
That Motherboard is awesome i used it in my build. The only issue I have with it is Not enough SATA ports
Just to let you know,this cost me ~1000$(less than 1000)
ASUS B85-PLUS /B85/LGA1150
I7-4771 /3.5G/8MB/BOX/LGA1150
PALIT GTX750TI STORMX DUAL 2G
2X8G DDR3 1600 GEIL EVO LEGGERA
LG GH24NSB0 DVD RW BLACK
Samsung 120GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gb/s
2TB Seagate SATA 3
PSU SEASONIC SS-520GB BRONZE
COOLERMASTER Force 500

And till now I haven't found a single game that don't run at above full speed at 2x resolution and no speed hacks.The speed goes down only on ZOE2 but only on certain place(for a short time)that looks more because of a bug than the game really need much more powerful hardware(anywhere else,the speed is above 2x)
You could try adding a extra ssd and getting a better deal on the gpu.
Thanks All! It looks like I need to reconsider my GPU choice. Tongue
Yeah, the GTX 970 is only about $50 more than that card. I would try to find a gigabyte card personally