..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 4 FPS drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm experiencing not critical, but pretty unpleasant FPS drops while playing SMT Persona 4. I've searched a lot through these forums but never found a universal solution and ideal configs for the game.

Here are my PC specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X-2 555 3.2 Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD5770 1024MB
RAM: 4GB
PCSX2 1.3.0 - 20140724182200 (git), NTSC-J
Dualshock 4 (if it matters)

I think it's more than enough to run Persona 4 on stable 60FPS with 1680x1050 resolution. However, fps drops here and there during dialogues, running and fog. Sometimes even in cutscenes.

Here are the PCSX2 settings. I've tried A LOT of different settings and speedhacks configuration, and most optimal is the one on the images.

[attachment=54089]
[attachment=54090]
[attachment=54091]
[attachment=54094]
[attachment=54092]
[attachment=54093]

Changing from MicroVU to SuperVU doesn't seem to make any difference. However I haven't tried superVU while running on Direct3D9 (hardware), which is giving better performance than Direct3D11.

I even tried to switch to native PS2 resolution, but fps drops are still there, so it's probably not a weak PC issue.

Any ideas what may be causing the problem?
what do the ee% & gs% say when getting slowdowns ?
when exactly do you have this issue ? Is that when a specific ennemy appears ?
(02-14-2015, 10:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what do the ee% & gs% say when getting slowdowns ?
when exactly do you have this issue ? Is that when a specific ennemy appears ?

EE is ranging from 35-50%. GS high is 25%, during slowdowns it drops to 1-5%.

I'm having this issue even while walking at home, in bedroom.
tried disabling amd cool n' quiet ?
I didn't, but I've just disabled it and... Persona 4 became smoothest ever game running on my PC! Smile
Hopefully, it will stay at immutable 60FPS in the battles as well.

Thank you VERY much! It was non-obvious but extremely helpful suggestion.
Also, use dx11 over dx9 to get a little performance boost.
(02-14-2015, 11:53 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]Also, use dx11 over dx9 to get a little performance boost.

Yes, before disabling Cool'n'Quiet it was running slightly better with DX9, but now I switched back to DX11. Even graphical boosts like FXAA and Anisotropic Filtering don't seem to affect performance. Thanks.