..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: The "Jak and Daxter" appears in black color and shadow (?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

Pls, I would like to know why appears the eyes of the game "Jak and Daxter - The Precursor Legacy" in black color and with shadow? Pls, see the attachment picture :

1. Jack whit black eye

2. And with shadow

Please friends, let me know if there is any way to solving this problem ...

Many thanks in advance!
the eye issue can be fixed by pressing F9 , I'm not sure how to solve the shadows problem.
Both issues can probably be solved with F9. What version of PCSX2 are you running?
you need to set skipdraw to 2 to solve the shadow issue but, it could only be done in hardware mode whereas, the eyes are not correct in the hardware mode, you can only fix one at a time. use hardware mode and skipdraw to 2 to fix the shadow issue (or) use software mode to fix the eye issue.
Wasn't the eye problem solved by full boot instead of fast boot? Or was it a sound issue? I thought you needed to apply full boot to play jak and daxter completely error free... but might be wrong here.
(03-02-2015, 09:43 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't the eye problem solved by full boot instead of fast boot? Or was it a sound issue? I thought you needed to apply full boot to play jak and daxter completely error free... but might be wrong here.

The black eyes are caused by a bad texture cache implementation in the hardware renderer. I have no idea what's wrong with the shadows.
(03-02-2015, 09:43 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't the eye problem solved by full boot instead of fast boot? Or was it a sound issue? I thought you needed to apply full boot to play jak and daxter completely error free... but might be wrong here.

(03-02-2015, 09:45 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]the eye issue can be fixed by pressing F9 , I'm not sure how to solve the shadows problem.

(03-02-2015, 11:41 AM)Sukunda Wrote: [ -> ]Both issues can probably be solved with F9. What version of PCSX2 are you running?

First of all, many thanks for replying, ssakash, Sukunda, willkuer.

Indeed, I checked by pressing F9 I have been able to solve. But there is another problem, "pressing F9" slows the speed of the game Sad
Pls, perhaps you could let me know a solution.

PD. I have the PCSX2 1.2.1 version.

Thanks so much for everything.
(03-02-2015, 11:40 PM)Kimera2015 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, many thanks for replying, ssakash, Sukunda, willkuer.

Indeed, I checked by pressing F9 I have been able to solve. But there is another problem, "pressing F9" slows the speed of the game Sad
Pls, perhaps you could let me know a solution.

PD. I have the PCSX2 1.2.1 version.

Thanks so much for everything.

config>video>plugin settings and set 3 extra rendering threads if you have a quad core and 1 extra rendering thread if you have a dual core.
(03-02-2015, 11:45 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]config>video>plugin settings and set 3 extra rendering threads if you have a quad core and 1 extra rendering thread if you have a dual core.

Your help is greatly appreciated Nobbs66 !

Pls, I cannot quite fathom what you mean by "set 3 extra rendering threads ....and 1 extra rendering ...".
Pls, see the attachment picture:

http://i.imgur.com/pXoI5Yo.jpg

Many thanks in advance!
well you never told us your specs
Pages: 1 2