..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: RPG games with Overdrives/Hi Ougi Artes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there! I have a question can someone help me find games that have such things like overdrives/mystic artes/hi ougi's? i already have Tales Of The Abbys which has really nice finishers but can't really find anything more beside Shadow Hearts . Im looking for something that has this kind of specials/finisher system or simillar, i also have FFX-X2-12, Star Ocean,Grandia 3 .Might be 2D or 3D as far as it has good story and effects . Looking forward to help me find all those cool titles <3

Valkyrie profile silmeria is quite good, but still a bit expensive...
doubt: why are you having two similar threads with the same problem ?
Not really much more games like that. Tales of series had a unique battle system like that.

Most games that come close to it have been mentioned already. I can't really think of much else atm.

Shining Tears, Disgaea maybe.
PS2 only or?
Maybe those(don't know if you can call some of the attacks in those games "Hi-Ougi" but...)
Ar Tonelico 2
Atelier Iris 2,3
Hack GU
Legaia 2 Duel Saga
Mana Khemia 1/2
MS Saga New Dawn
Rogue Galaxy
Suikoden 5
Wild Arms 5
Ow sorry must have been posted 2 times while i refreshed page :/ seccond one is to close . I have Valkyrie Profile just need to have a look for game with something similar to finishers system ^^
well yea most likely ps2 Tongue i like flash stuff like magics/skills and everything that blows the screen with effects o.o
Maybe the Xenosaga, but only in the second and third episode (I don't remember well).
Naw played Xenosaga im nto into that kind of games and effects um... i leave better effects in my toilet Laugh
Wtf its one of the best rpg serie ever Tongue2
Nervermind !
Not an RPG, but Onimusha 2 has some very satisfying charge, magic, counter and transformation attacks. It's like spamming overdrives every 5 seconds. Every attack in that game has weight behind it, they look flashy too.

And for the record, Xenosaga is awesome d:
Pages: 1 2