..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is PCSX2 capped to 60hz ? (ghosting / blurry issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi, I ask myself a question, I have a 144hz monitor but when I play to PCSX2 its blurry during the movements, the pixel deplacement time is bad and its annoying in full screen, maybe the emulator runs in 60hz only ?
If thats the case, maybe it would be possible to run the games in 144hz ?

I don't know if it depends of the framerate (or the frequency) of the game or of the emulator itself.
Just asking myself.
PAL: 50hz (50fps) , NTSC: 60hz (60fps) Smile
Ok I checked and it was a PAL game so maybe that explain this blurry effect.
Its not possible to improve this ? Its sad, it would be soo better and smoother, I overclocked the game at the maximum (with the custom .exe), and it didnt improve nothing so thats why I thought it was because of the display frequency.
AFAIK, only FPS makes sense for PCSX2, Refresh rate is out of question. the refresh rate is done in hardware, it's function is on providing the output of the Image at the specified rate. PCSX2 can't change the refresh rate, that depends on the video driver and monitor.

Could you define this " blurry effect" a little better ? Thanks. and, The EE overclock build is not supported so, stay with either the Latest stable build (or) Development Build.
EDIT

Ok I got a gtx980 and not a single fps problem, the games runs fine but its still blurry during movements. So if it isnt the refresh rate I dont know what it is.
Its like the image is multiplicating during a movement so we can almost see 2 objects, so there is a blurry effect, its like there is a low pixel changing time.
I checked I'm under 60hz mode (even if its a pal game).
What it does it make the movements in full screen inconfortable because all the screen is blurry, so I play in windows mode, its still blurry but less annoying.
I tried F4 to play at 120fps just to see and even if its smoother the blurry effect is still there, so im almost sure its a matter of display frequency, maybe im wrong I don't know.
Not experiencing this. What game(s) are you talking about that has this effect?
Its in Suikoden V, I think its all the games (must check..), since I switched to a 144hz monitor I noticed this... I don't know if it was the case on my previous 60hz monitor. You know switching to 144hz changes so much, maybe if you are still with a 60hz monitor you don't notice the problem.
Probably. I could maybe check it on my regular TV, which is a 100Hz TV. But even there I honestly didn't notice it. Could be specific to 144Hz only.
please post your emulog and screenshots of GSDX plugin settings and Speedhacks section settings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6