..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Crash: Impossible blend for D3D, GTA:SA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I tried to play San Andreas and every now and then the game crashes with the text: Impossible blend for D3D: (Cd - Cs)* 128 >> 7 + Cd
This is happening randomly.

pcsx2-v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f
D3D 11, native res.
Speedhacks at 2 (safe)
Anything else unchanged as of clean, fresh install of pcsx2.

Hardware:
GT 630
Intel core i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz
8 GB of DDR3 ram

Oh, and I overwrote the emulog.txt after firing up pcsx2 a second time.
Set spu2x to port audio.
Why should I do that? There's no sound if im using crossplatform.

Edit:
Nevermind: After changing the host API from WASAPI to WDM-KS made the audio come back.
But what do this have to do with the error about the impossible blend?
Nothing.
I dont think that's the cause of your crash.
please post a screenshot of your gsdx plugin settings. did you try using different video backends ? normally, Impossible blend means they can't be converted to their Direct3d equivalent value. though, I hope that's not the case here.
(03-17-2015, 01:56 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]please post a screenshot of your gsdx plugin settings. did you try using different video backends ? normally, Impossible blend means they can't be converted to their Direct3d equivalent value. though, I hope that's not the case here.

Haven't tried any other backends yet. Might try dd9 and opengl later as of i'm been busy atm.
also, try using Software mode of each other video backends. if that doesn't help, you should try ZeroGS.
It likely is the case here, GTA: SA causes it in all backends I think. Software mode should fix. Either way, it shouldn't crash.