..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Will GSDX update for DX12?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Since it's right around the corner I was just curious if there was any talk of trying to update it to DX12? Just curious thanks in advance for any responses.
Only if gabest will implement it.
I think nobody except for him adds additional video renderer options.

Gabest arrives out of nowhere appoximately once a year. By luck he will implement something if he is interested.
(03-17-2015, 10:43 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Only if gabest will implement it.
I think nobody except for him adds additional video renderer options.

Gabest arrives out of nowhere appoximately once a year. By luck he will implement something if he is interested.

That he does I think maybe we should start bribing him with cookies? lol
I think to get gabest implementing new stuff is very easy: Buy him the cpu/gpu that has such new stuff implemented. I always have the feeling that he likes to implement new stuff. So if he gets a new gpu/cpu he implements a new feature. That is the reason you see him once a year. He doesn't have enough money to buy parts even more often Wink
DirectX 12 is just for Windows 10. How many PCSX2 users will be on it? Something like 1 %?
(03-18-2015, 01:20 AM)phrase Wrote: [ -> ]DirectX 12 is just for Windows 10. How many PCSX2 users will be on it? Something like 1 %?

A lot of us considering it's free with win7 and win8
I'm more interested in Vulcan, since it should be unified on most devices including mobile. Whoever work on this - if ever -, I hope he will take into consideration the poor souls that will maintain the code - including himself -, and write it in a team friendly way.
Vulkan would be a better bet over DX12 honestly, since it's not only available on Windoze, but also Linux.
Can it be near useless ?
Vulkan would be a better bet in terms of compatibility over different Operating systems but, the performance of both the API's can't be compared without Any valid tests or experiments.

PS: does anyone have any mode of contacting Gabest except the PM system ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5