..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Before I get a new graphics card...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
...Can I get a general consensus it is a good idea to do so? I've tried dozens of configs with no avail, the performance is just not nearly as good as I need it to be. The video is slow and choppy, FPS's are under 15, audio is just as slow in performance. The only games I play are GTA San Andreas, SSX and kingdom hearts. Neither have ever worked as well as they should.

My specs below

[Image: HTPC_Sys_Config.png]
you really need a whole new pc
Wow, I at least was sure the CPU was usable :/
No, that cpu is probably the weakest link here

It's Single threaded score on cpubenchmark.net is 723

we recommend a minimum of about 1400 - 1600, but some games can require up to about 2100
Yeah your whole PC is over, and your cpu is too slow for pcsx2.
Alright then, guess I'm doing a little more shopping than I was expecting. I suppose Bositman will have to edit this post : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

From what I read there, my cpu was in the recommended list, and my gpu was questionable.
I suppose the stepping instruction is what puts it at the bottom of the list?
[Image: Rec_CPU.png]

Though my Radeon is a 5570
[Image: Rec_GPU.png]

[Image: gpu.png]

All good, thanks guys Smile
those 8xxx gpus are extremly old cards
Years ago it was the latests cpu.. but now its old, and pcx2 runs far better.
Yeah any 1150 mobo + i5 2500k is cheap and very good, even for pc games.
Those aren't the hd radeon series , they are even older models. You can also overclock your processor to something like 3ghz to get a little increase in performance. Though it would be wise to get a cheap lga 1150 mobo and get a g3258 (if, you are cost bound) (or) just get any haswell i3 (or) i5 processor.
(03-21-2015, 09:51 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]Those aren't the hd radeon series , they are even older models. You can also overclock your processor to something like 3ghz to get a little increase in performance. Though it would be wise to get a cheap lga 1150 mobo and get a g3258 (if, you are cost bound) (or) just get any haswell i3 (or) i5 processor.

Thanks ssakash, with those suggestions, there would be virtually no lag or performance issues?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7