..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Legal USA BIOS is recognized as japanese
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is rather unusual. Almost a year ago I extracted by SCPH-77001 (v.2.20) bios using BIOS Dumper. However, PCSX2 recognized it as "Japan v. 2.20". Even more strange, pressing triangle will list the console as "SCPH-77001," but all the menus have Circle to confirm and X to cancel (like the japanese console.) I would just try to do it again, but I lost my FMB memory card and my PS3 memcard adapter (both in storage, don't know when i can get it back). this isn't an issue whatsoever but it's just weird. Any ideas?
I'd have to double check my model number, but I had the same issue. It seems to work fine, though I'm not sure how region locking would affect it. I'm not sure what causes it either.
...nyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehh, this is unusual.

Re-extraction? I actually don't know...
I searched the forums for this issue, and another user seemed to have the same issue (with SCPH-79001 model). The only explanation they could find was that something went wrong while the BIOS was extracting. Actually, the first time i tried it, it didn't work, but without changing anything it worked the second time. The file name even lists it as a USA bios. BTW, I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 (don't feel like toying around with Git. XD)
It should still be fine(hopefully) If it is a bad dump some things could go wrong, but I wouldn't be too worried.
I would assume Sony just reprogrammed the Japanese BIOS with the North American languages and region coding. That or...

I'm out of ideas.

Not to sound mean but does it matter 100%?

As far as I remember, PCSX2 does not have region encoding enforced, so it wouldn't affect your games AFAIK.
Region encoding is enforced in with full boot. Fast boot doesn't though.
(03-31-2015, 05:12 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Region encoding is enforced in with full boot. Fast boot doesn't though.

Eh, I was partially correct. Does fast boot just ignore anything that the BIOS sets?
Yeah, some games default to the wrong language if you use a fast boot. The Jak games are a perfect example of this.
(03-31-2015, 05:40 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, some games default to the wrong language if you use a fast boot. The Jak games are a perfect example of this.

lol

Ah, okay.
Pages: 1 2