..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Transferring save games to PS2 Memory Card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey all

I have recently installed FMCB and I'm using it to play games using OpenPS2Loader (my lens is broken, this gives new life to my PS2!).

So far I've managed to get all my games to work with no problems (I've made iso's from my original copies).

I would like to know, is there any way to transfer PS2 save games from my PC (downloaded from Gamefaq's) onto my PS2 memory card?

I have done this successfully with FFX, now I'm trying with my copy of Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks. I am in the PAL region.

The save games for Shaolin Monks are in Maxdrive and Codebreaker format. How do I proceed to transfer these to my PS2?

Any help would be much appreciated!
you would have to convert them to PSU format then paste them onto your memory card
What ^ said.

That, and what PS2 model do you happen to have? Just curious Smile
Thanks! How would I go about converting them to .psu format?

Appreciate the help, I'm pretty new to homebrew but reading a lot about it.

The one with the broken lens is an SCPH-50004 Fat silver model. Lasted me years and then the lens gave out. Hasn't been plugged in for years, until yesterday Tongue
I used my friends SCPH-70004 slimline console (which has a MarsPro chip in it) to boot uLaunchelf to install FMCB. After I got FMCB on the memcard I was able to use it on my console. Pretty happy that I can finally finish FFX and a bunch of other RPG's.

Any other advice regarding homebrew I should install? Besides OpenPS2Loader, I see there is USBAdvance. How does this compare? I am only able to play through USB on my fat. Busy looking into setting up SMB for my friends slim.
Tutorial by vsub
If that tutorial helps you it would be nice to 'thank' vsub for it Smile
(03-30-2015, 07:17 PM)GameHobo Wrote: [ -> ]Any other advice regarding homebrew I should install? Besides OpenPS2Loader, I see there is USBAdvance. How does this compare? I am only able to play through USB on my fat. Busy looking into setting up SMB for my friends slim.

OpenPS2Loader is the most advanced ad up to date(it's still updated)game loader.
1.The easiest way will be to import that codebreaker save to your pcsx2 memory card and export it as psu
2.Then place it into some flash drive
3.Load uLaunchELF on your PS2 and import the save(copy=>psuPaste to the memory card)
(03-30-2015, 07:17 PM)GameHobo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! How would I go about converting them to .psu format?

Appreciate the help, I'm pretty new to homebrew but reading a lot about it.

The one with the broken lens is an SCPH-50004 Fat silver model. Lasted me years and then the lens gave out. Hasn't been plugged in for years, until yesterday Tongue
I used my friends SCPH-70004 slimline console (which has a MarsPro chip in it) to boot uLaunchelf to install FMCB. After I got FMCB on the memcard I was able to use it on my console. Pretty happy that I can finally finish FFX and a bunch of other RPG's.

Any other advice regarding homebrew I should install? Besides OpenPS2Loader, I see there is USBAdvance. How does this compare? I am only able to play through USB on my fat. Busy looking into setting up SMB for my friends slim.

Nice! Wasn't silver a limited color with the 500xx models?

I'll have to try Free Mc Boot soon.
I followed your steps, but no success.
I opened my memory card with mymc, then added the MK Codebreaker save. I then exported that save as a .psu onto my flash drive, I copied it from the flash to my memory card using uLaunchelf. The memory card displays the save state as being present, however when I enter the game in OPL it gives the message "No data found on MC in slot 1, would you like to create new save data..."

Anything further I could try?

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I'll continue using OpenPS2Loader. There's not much else I intend to use the console for besides games. OpenEmu works fantastic for my MacBook so everything else is covered there.

@Marge Simpson - I'm not too sure! It was my first console ever, many a good hour was spent on it Smile

Do so! It really brought new life back to an old console. I'm pretty happy I can use it again.
You aren't using virtual memory card for OPL are you
Even tho it says the saves are for the European(PAL)version of the game,both saves at gamefaq are for the USA(NTSC) version of the game
Pages: 1 2 3