..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater very slow gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting very slow gameplay. At first it was running great then it got horribly slow as soon as I hit the swamp loading screen.
My PC:
CPU: e2180 @ 2.7Ghz
Ram: 4GB
GPU: Nvida 9600GTS

Emu Settings:
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14: Windowed, Direct3d9 Hardware, Pixel Shader 3.0, No interlacing, stretch aspect ratio, nloop grey checked, texture filtering checked, FBA checked.
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0: Default settings I bevieve
LilyPad 0.9.9
Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
CPU: EERec, VU0, VU1, MTGS all checked. Limit Frame, 0,0,0,0
GameFixes: Both checked
Speed Hacks: x2 Cycle Rate, INTC, IOP x2, WaitCycles all checked.
Running game from cd
Advanced: defaults

The game starts off with perfect sound (during the movie) and fast gameplay but soon after the game gets slow. Like 50% slower it seems. Also sometimes the sound does the same thing but usually it doesn't. And I don't care too much about the sound issue.
Make an ISO
Enable NATIVE option in GSdx, disable texture filtering
i also heard that game is very demanding, might want to oc to over 3ghz, but make sure you keep a constant eye on your temp if your using the stock cooler.
also, doesnt the e2180 support ssse3 or even 4.1?
Look like can't play MGS3 without a high spec ... ! >_<
(03-18-2009, 12:22 AM)GoranCro Wrote: [ -> ]CPU: e2180 @ 2.7Ghz

No way.

You need something like E8400 @ 3.5-3.6 (and E8400 doesn't just have higher clock frequency, but also 1333Mhz bus by default (which I believe is important for the emulation speed) and 3Mb cache (vs. 1Mb 2180 has) )

plus speed hacks to make MGS3 playable with about full speed.

It's considerably more demanding than even Shadow of the Colossus.