..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't even start any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I've got problems with PCSX2. When I try to start any game from .iso it crashes, when I choose directx9 in GSdx it shows me "Virtual C++ Runtime Library".. etc. and when I change it to dx11 then it just goes "pcsx2.exe has stopped working". I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 version.
i've installed every possible vc++ redist available, I got all-in-one installer from a guy here in this forums. DirectX version is current, every single PC game works fine, and when I run directx web setup it says I've got newest version. Here are my specs:

Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit Windows 8.1
Physical RAM = 3993 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Graphic Card : AMD Radeon HD8500M

Please help!
Run the VCREDIST 2013 x86 installer from here and when it opens, do a "Repair" install.
The VCREDIST 2013 x86 doesn't help, and this Directx 2010 redist gives me and error on instalation "Directx Setup An internal system error occurred"
(04-04-2015, 11:50 PM)2qiller2 Wrote: [ -> ]The VCREDIST 2013 x86 doesn't help, and this Directx 2010 redist gives me and error on instalation "Directx Setup An internal system error occurred"

That's interesting.
And this is probably your problem...
Any more information about the error?

Can you please check for d3d*.dll's in your '<systempartition>:\Windows\SysWOW64\' folder? Please write all occurrences including real file size.

(maybe focus first on d3dx9.dll, d3dx10.dll and d3dx11.dll if there are too many)
No.. it says it created 2 .logs in my Windows folder, but they aren't there. :/ guess I have to reinstall..
Hmm.. in my SysWOW64 folder there isn't any d3dx9.dll or d3dx11.dll, only those like d3dx9_42.dll etc. :o , d3dx10.dll modification date is 2006-11-29 13:06 and filesize is 458KB
He used wrong name...if you don't have this file D3DX9_43.dll in System32 and SysWOW64,then you don't have the latest directx
What do you see in the console when pcsx2 crash
Sorry... I was writing slight non-sense :/
As vsub was saying you need this d3dx9_43.dll at least for dx9 renderer. syswow64 is the visualization layer/backwards compatibility layer to allow native 32-bit applications to run on 64-bit. Still would be interesting if you have that file and what the actual file size is.
Pages: 1 2 3