..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My new PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I'm gonna be buying a new PC in the next two months hopefully.

Here are the Specs:

Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5 or 4.6Ghz
MSI Z97 Mpower
Good CPU Cooler (NH-D14 OR Coolermaster equivalent)
Nvidia GTX 970 4GB (3.5)
600W PSU - Minimum Bronze Rated (Good Brand)
8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
DVD Writer
Crucial MX200 256GB SSD

What do you guys think?
Any Suggestions?
Good for PCSX2?
You know the answer, I think. Tongue2

Also hey, you said you were gonna come back but then you didn't. We need some more smart doods to help teh n00bs.
will just 256GB storage be enough for you ? The SSD is faster but, the storage is a little low on that. not Ideal for storing the ISO of your PS2 games.
Depends on what that 2400MHz RAM is rated if you're gonna go the 2400MHz route. Everything else looks pretty good. I would throw in a 1TB hard drive along with the SSD though. If it's too expensive for both, bump the SSD down to a 128GB with the 1TB
(04-07-2015, 08:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]You know the answer, I think. Tongue2

Also hey, you said you were gonna come back but then you didn't. We need some more smart doods to help teh n00bs.

Haha I am gonna come back after I get the PC, I promise.

(04-07-2015, 08:17 AM)Sukunda Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on what that 2400MHz RAM is rated if you're gonna go the 2400MHz route. Everything else looks pretty good. I would throw in a 1TB hard drive along with the SSD though. If it's too expensive for both, bump the SSD down to a 128GB with the 1TB

Sorry I forgot to mention I already have a WD RED 3TB Harddrive.
(04-07-2015, 10:30 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha I am gonna come back after I get the PC, I promise.

Sorry I forgot to mention I already have a WD RED 3TB Harddrive.

Welp, you're good to go then with that drive. Nice rig.
(04-07-2015, 10:46 AM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, you're good to go then with that drive. Nice rig.

Lol nice rig after I actually get it.

Took a lot of saving up.
Yeah, I have an i7 4770k GTX 780 and Z87Plus with 16GB ram. PRetty much all games run at full speed, even when rendered at 4k resolution. I am not sure if yours is more powerful, perhaps on the GPU side.

But when I build PC's I cheat by going to amazon.com and simply looking at the "frequently bought together" and can get a pretty powerful PC for under $800

Although, in total my rig costed me about $2500 because the monitor itself was $600.

I'll be honest with you, there's no need to get a cooler. The stock coolers on an Intel CPU has never given me issues, even when I'm playing games at 4k resolution.
With the amount of OCing he did he would need a better cooler than stock for sure.
What use will you have with 2400 MHz RAM?

Other than that (even if my personal rig's choice would be AMD/AMD) it's nice and ready for prime time.
Pages: 1 2