..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Samurai Warriors Xl disk swapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

In order to play Samurai warriors XL [SMXL] to its fullest, you need to import some data from Samurai warriors (not XL) [SM] by disk swapping, thought if I understood correctly, disk swapping doesn't currently work with PCSX2, so after some research found this method:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dynasty-W...lem-SOLVED

But it doesn't work...
When I try to swap the regular XL with the "NEW" one it just "search for layer 1".

[attachment=55286]

After some research I found out that "layer" is a term use for "double layer" disk, in fact after merging SMXL with SM I get a pretty big file roughly around 7.10GBb compared to SMXL 4.37GB,
I'm guessing that's part of the problem but I don't know what to do anymore...

Did anyone try that method with SMXL? Did it work? Am I doing something wrong? Should I just give up on SMXL?

Ps: I would have posted in the thread quoted above but it's closed...
How have you created the iso? Using which program?

Also it is good that you have not posted there. You obviously have a new problem that is not solvable or explainable by the old thread. If everyone with a small problem regarding this game would post his/her problem the original thread including question and solution it would become crowded. Unfortunately nobody reads a 100 pages thread to the end. But a short one as the one you linked will be read...
(05-25-2015, 10:40 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]How have you created the iso? Using which program?

After extracting both SM and SMXL in different folders, then copy the SM folder content into the SMXL one without replacing any of the items present in the SMXL folder thus making the NEW folder.
[attachment=55306]

Then I created the iso from that NEW folder with ImgBurn using the setting shared in the previous thread.
[attachment=55291]
one of the guys had posted that switching to the normal untouched DW disk inbetween helps.

1. Load game with untouched DW XL -> import
2. HotSwap to untouched DW
3. HotSwap to patched DW XL

Check if that works...
(05-25-2015, 11:24 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]one of the guys had posted that switching to the normal untouched DW disk inbetween helps.

1. Load game with untouched DW XL -> import
2. HotSwap to untouched DW
3. HotSwap to patched DW XL

Check if that works...

Unfortunately it didn't work, I still got "searching for layer 1..."
I've never seen this message before. At least not that I can remember. Sorry but I don't know how to help you.
I would check again options in imgburn. Maybe the posted ones were only best for his specific case.
(05-26-2015, 12:01 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]I've never seen this message before. At least not that I can remember. Sorry but I don't know how to help you.
Thank you for the help you provided thus far.

(05-26-2015, 12:01 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]I would check again options in imgburn. Maybe the posted ones were only best for his specific case.

I tried reconstructing iso of SM and SMXL with the files I extracted and the settings I posted above, they work perfectly fine.... so I'm guessing the setting are ok but who knows?
You should wait until it's done searching (it takes a while Tongue )
(05-26-2015, 09:40 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You should wait until it's done searching (it takes a while Tongue )

Ok I'm going to try that, see you in a couple of hours...

Edit: okay the NEW iso work afters waiting some time (15 minutes) but the swapping still doesn't work,
I start with SMXL=>import=> swith to SMXL NEW=>wait 15min=> "the wrong disc has been inserted."
I also get an error message on PCSX2 saying It couldn't find the layer and that the iso might be corrupted or something, so I tried playing the "NEW" on its one and it works....
so I don't know maybe I'm doing something wrong with the swapping procedure?
[attachment=55308]

Edit2: SUCCESS!
Here's how you must swap the discs, you need two copy of SMXL NEW
start with SMXL NEW =>import=>switch to SMXL NEW (copy)=> switch back to SMXL NEW after the "importation" is complete
[attachment=55311]

It takes a good 45mins to finish the setup but it works!
Thank you for your help, both of you!

But is there a way to reduce the search for the layer 1? like "tell " from the get go to PCSX2 that there isn't any "layer 1"?
Edit3:okay there is, you just need to use save states so you won't have to swap ever again. (you still need to wait 15mins for the game to start)