..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X optimizing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided to play Final Fantasy X on the emulator, but I cannot get it to play at a decent FPS. It runs around 60 FPS until a number of character appear on screen, then it'll drop to around 40-50 FPS (depending on how many people are on the screen). Ideally I want to play at 55-60 FPS, is there any way I can boost the performance through optimizing PCSX2?

Specs:
*Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3.0 GHz
RAM: 3070 MB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 (256 MB)
Sound: Generic Onboard
HDD: Maxtor 500 GB HDD

*I am willing to overclock my CPU (but I am wary about doing this as I only have stock cooling).

I have purposely left out my PCSX2 settings, as I am accepting anyone's setting providing they have a machine with specs similar to my own.

If it isn't possible to achieve my target FPS, I would still like feedback on what options I should enable in PCSX2 for this game.
No.
And here go additional letters so my answer isn't considered to be too short LaughD
(03-20-2009, 02:45 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]No.
And here go additional letters so my answer isn't considered to be too short LaughD
Then could you atleast give me a rough list of recommended settings for Final Fantasy X on PCSX2?

Also wondering if there is any performance boost if I run PCSX2 off my Windows XP parition.
Have you enabled any speedhack?
The default config is the recommended one. It's fast and compatible.
To get it faster you just flip on the speedhacks.

No other config makes a difference really. I wonder why everyone thinks bad fps can be cured by config changes..
(03-20-2009, 06:58 AM)maximus_asinus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2009, 02:45 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]No.
Then could you atleast give me a rough list of recommended settings for Final Fantasy X on PCSX2?

Also wondering if there is any performance boost if I run PCSX2 off my Windows XP parition.

"depending on how many people are on the screen" - to get it faster in those areas you need a better processor, nothing else would help really.